Vectrix battery resting voltage

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Victrix
Vectrix battery resting voltage

Hello All,

Does anyone know what the resting voltage of a fully charged healthy Vectrix battery should be? My fuel gauge is still non-functional (constantly reads empty regardless of the charge) in spite of Vectrix having sent me a handheld programming unit with supposedly corrective software (didn't work), and as a result there is no way for me to know whether the battery is charged, undercharged or overcharged since the onboard monitor isn't working. So, I need to know at what voltage to pull the plug during charging, before battery damage is inflicted.

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Vectrix battery resting voltage

My normal full charge in the morning (after charging at night) is 142 volts, sometimes its a couple volts up or down from that.

If its just your guage that's screwed, is it possible that the charger still knows when to stop or change modes?

Victrix

The problem apparently resides in the charger's memory, which is being erased after unplugging following each charge. When charging is in progress the bars climb upward as they should, but as soon as I unplug the bike, regardless of whether or not the ignition is turned on and regardless of the number of bars showing, the bars all disappear. The bike will continue to charge even after all 17 bars are showing and the voltage reads 150 plus, so I don't trust the charger to stop or change modes. Constant babysitting and observation seems to be necessary with this problem. Even the chief programmer at Vectrix can't figure it out, although I appreciate his kindness in trying to do so even though he got his pink slip along with everyone else in the company.

Victrix

The problem apparently resides in the charger's memory, which is being erased after unplugging following each charge. When charging is in progress the bars climb upward as they should, but as soon as I unplug the bike, regardless of whether or not the ignition is turned on and regardless of the number of bars showing, the bars all disappear. The bike will continue to charge even after all 17 bars are showing and the voltage reads 150 plus, so I don't trust the charger to stop or change modes. Constant babysitting and observation seems to be necessary with this problem. Even the chief programmer at Vectrix can't figure it out, although I appreciate his kindness in trying to do so even though he got his pink slip along with everyone else in the company.

Victrix

Pardon me for the double post...

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

My Vectrix finalises charging at no more than 147V. Sometimes a bit lower depending on various factors.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage