XM-3000 and XM-3100 charge port

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spaceangel
XM-3000 and XM-3100 charge port

Charging a Pb type battery is recommended to charge at C/5 and 38 AH/5= 8 amperes. So I added a slightly safer jack along with the standard XM-3100 charge port the IEC connector. I used a duo-diode on the negative side since I have a small assortment of those devices. If the Z of the battery is low enough both chargers will make 7 amperes to the pack. As the state of charge of the battery pack rises, one of the chargers will go to green light. Then in an hour or so the larger charger will go to green also. Now I can ride more often keeping the pack at 2.3 v/c. Also using an IEC connector is rather unsafe for it usually means 90 to 250 volt AC or DC in! It is commonly used in Switched Mode power supplies. id est computers.
It is a slight bit harder to open XM-3100 seat so I usually charge now at 4 amp rate vs 5 amp charger that is stock. If I am truly in a hurry I will open up seat and charge almost twice as fast.
Rusty
I tried to upload PIX but file is too large. Email me for pictures of jack, diode, and circuit breaker IEC area.

Spaceangel
Re: XM-3000 and XM-3100 charge port

Picture of charge port

KB1UKU

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging