Electra Voy 88911 & Phantom IV Electric Scooter

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
pockyrevolution
Electra Voy 88911 & Phantom IV Electric Scooter

Hey all,

Information on this little bike is fading away fast! I was hoping to make this post for owners of the bike to sound off.
I'm also collecting info to stick on a little site I'm setting up just for this guy: http://www.electravoy.blogspot.com/

So who out there has encountered one of these? They were sold at Target I believe back in 2004.

Electra Voy 88911 Electric Scooter Homepage

pockyrevolution
Re: Electra Voy 88911 & Phantom IV Electric Scooter

Site address should be: http://electravoy.blogspot.com/

Electra Voy 88911 Community Site:
http://electravoy.blogspot.com/

moveon70
moveon70's picture

I bought a used one from the original owner last month for $150.
I am upgradint the 180W hub motor. It should be a fast bike by the time I am done. I will blog on it.

jlawlor

i have one... throttle cable broke... "hot wired" it for a while.. then.. just died.. won't charge either... do i have a controller problem?

Can i upgrade the controller to a higher voltage.. will i get better performance.

thanks!myscooter1.JPG

moveon70
moveon70's picture

You can upgrade any ebike, but the question is if it is worth it.
My Voy came with a 180W hub motor. Im not sure if they were all so underpowered.
I spent ~800 to upgrade mine to a 1000W system (see my blog if interested).
I did it for the experience, not because I needed an ebike.
You can buy an 500W ebike for ~$700 brand new.

If it wont take a charge, then your battery is probably shot.
You can do a serious upgrade by putting a $400 LiFePO4 battery in. It will not go faster, but you will have a long range, and the battery will not degrade as fast as your lead acid ones. Also the new battery will come with a new charger with are typically pretty good.

-Mark

www.scooterbatt...
www.scooterbatteries.net's picture

If the bike doesn't respond at all, first check the fuses. Usually there is one on the battery and also one at the key switch. Maybe other owners of this bike can help with the location of fuses if you cant find them. Next, see if there is any voltage coming from the battery box or pack. Best way to do this is with a voltmeter. Good lead acid or gel batteries are always over 12 volts each, charged or not. Anything lower than that from a battery and it is probably toast. Next check the key switch itself and maybe try shorting the wires to see if the gauges respond if you have good batteries. Scooters are really very simple. Any problem has to be battery, fuse, wiring, switch or controller related. It is usually never the motor, especially with the brushless motor type.

As for upgrading a bike or scooter, one needs to be sure that the controller and motor are matched. Attach a bigger motor to a lower rated controller and it will either not work at all or the controller will burn out.

hawkeye

I have one of these and they work really well. I can get it up to 19 down a hill, but usually in the 15 range.

I would actually like to sell it and upgrade, have all the original stuff including manuals in english and spanish, locks, etc.

Happy to negotiate, live in St Louis, Missouri.

pointy02

I might be interested in buying your scooter.
best way to reach me is on my cell 314. 255. 8138

Thanx,
Dave

hawkeye

Dave - we just sold it this past weekend, sorry, I know there are more out there though. Good luck!

jhunt772008

I have an electric voy and love it! I traded some junk i had for it and the batteries were junk. They were even hooked up wrong. The blinker switch was broke and the brakes were dragging hard. I bought some 12volt 12 ah batteries online for 89 shipped and fixed the brakes and ordered a blinker switch. Then later on i found some new 12 volt 15 ah batteries on craigslist for 15 each. I hooked those up under the seat. The batteries came with a bag so they fit perfectly under the seat. I just wired them exactly like the front ones. I used a regular fuse and just used connectors on each end. A really good MOD i did was to run the negative directly to the wire by the motor. I have a toggle switch up by the handle that i have the ground hooked to from the motor wire to the toggle and the other hooked directly to the negative on the closest battery to the fuse in the front batteries. My voy usually goes around 13 to 15 on the gps. With the switch i do around 23 to 24mph.. Huge improvement. Climbs hills with ease. I drove it over 12 miles before i noticed a couple of miles an hour drop. So i switched to the back up batteries..Be sure if you do this to use a 30 amp fuse it will blow the 20amp. Ive been using it like this for almost 2 months i drive it all over the place. Havent had an issue with it yet. But you must shut the toggle switch off to slow back down and used your brakes. I believe it just bypasses the controller. Im really curious how it will go with a bigger motor.anyone wants pics or info on how to do it let me know

scooterwoman

This is an old thread but...

Is there anybody on this forum, who has an Electra voy/ Phantom scooter?

Anybody in Northern California want to trade or give away their Rad2go Mo-rad,Gelanto, and Expresso electric bike for Voy electric bike or its parts. the bike needs new batteries,key, inflate tires

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage