Buying my first eScooter

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
scarroll123
Buying my first eScooter

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying my first electric powered scooter in the next week or two. I live in Victoria, BC and have been to a few local shops and need some advice.

1. I test drove an OCO2 Sport scooter yesterday and liked it. I was unable to find any reviews online about it and they wanted $2000 for it. Is this reasonable? Is it a high quality scooter?

2. There is also another dealer who sells the Kaishan K500W. Reviews seem to be mixed, but the range seems to be better on it.

I have also been looking at Gios, which seem to be very inexpensive, but might be a good first bike. They are available at www.giobikes.com.

I don't mind paying a little extra for a good quality scooter. Could anyone give me some advice on what to look for or even any reputable online retailers?

Thanks,

Sean

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Buying my first eScooter

By OCO2 it appears you mean the one at the bottom of this page: http://aclogic.ca/scooters.html ???

The gios site doesn't give me any warm fuzzies. Quite the opposite actually. But it could just be me.

israndy
israndy's picture
Re: Buying my first eScooter

I took advantage of all the Vectrix dealers clearing out their stock, I have seen LOTS of them on eBay for well under $4000.

Super sophisticated electric scooter, not an electric bicycle, requires a motorcycle license, but it has lots of storage and when you are confident it even works on the freeway.

Since there are no name brand bikes yet it is likely that any of them will not have support in the future. The advantage of Vectrix is millions of R&D, and thousands of them on the market (Check out their forum here on this board). Lots of people to ask advice of. Dealers are taking QUITE a beating right now as they probably paid $8000 for the bike they are dumping on eBay and they originally sold for as much as $12000.

I got mine a month ago and am incredibly happy. No gas, no maintenance, just plug it in every night or so. Use it daily for my 30 mile commute.

-Randy

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage