200+ mile range on Vectrix!

10 replies [Last post]
oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/08/2008
Points: 367

100_2330.jpeg

Just kidding... not sure what happened to my gauge, but I got a kick out of it :-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
marylandbob
Offline
Joined: 06/22/2009
Points: 520
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

Do you have any more batteries like those? 200 miles would really be great, sales at the normal Vectrix price ($10-11,000.00 US) would greatly improve!-Bob Curry

__________________

Robert M. Curry

R
R's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2009
Points: 1398
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

Obviously, that was just a long downhill... Estimated range display shows a virtual range according to the energy you are "instantly" using (and downhill consumption can be almost 0)
I managed to get over 900 km of range, and getting 1 km range is very easy!!!;-)
pd: 1 km/mile of range is shown when you overpass the 1000 km/mile mark

PT-Volt
Offline
Joined: 11/20/2008
Points: 29
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

Try to beat mine:

R
R's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2009
Points: 1398
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

Dear PT_VOLT
Nice to see another vectrix around 16-17k kilometers!!
How is your vectrix doing? Any noise from the planetary? HOw is the battery capacity doing? Are you running on the original pack?

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Points: 494
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

I thought this was going to be another thread about trailers! HAHA!!

On one of my local downhill roads, I can get mine to show 100 mile range, but that's as high as I have gotten.

PT-Volt
Offline
Joined: 11/20/2008
Points: 29
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

R wrote:

Dear PT_VOLT
Nice to see another vectrix around 16-17k kilometers!!
How is your vectrix doing? Any noise from the planetary? HOw is the battery capacity doing? Are you running on the original pack?

Hi.
My Vectrix has more than 10000 kms with the "good" battery pack. The first one died with 6000 kms.
The battery capacity remains the same since.
And the only noise I hear is in the wind and the wheels. :-).

Drive safe.

jmap
jmap's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/03/2008
Points: 340
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

R wrote:

Obviously, that was just a long downhill... Estimated range display shows a virtual range according to the energy you are "instantly" using (and downhill consumption can be almost 0)
I managed to get over 900 km of range, and getting 1 km range is very easy!!!;-)
pd: 1 km/mile of range is shown when you overpass the 1000 km/mile mark

I had that situation too. It's a bug, since it does not have more digits to display, it should use the maximum number of 999km.

PT-Volt
Offline
Joined: 11/20/2008
Points: 29
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

jmap wrote:
R wrote:

Obviously, that was just a long downhill... Estimated range display shows a virtual range according to the energy you are "instantly" using (and downhill consumption can be almost 0)
I managed to get over 900 km of range, and getting 1 km range is very easy!!!;-)
pd: 1 km/mile of range is shown when you overpass the 1000 km/mile mark

I had that situation too. It's a bug, since it does not have more digits to display, it should use the maximum number of 999km.

And I have that in a movie made by me :-).
You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1aQq7JMuvQ

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/28/2008
Points: 176
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

In all seriousness, I wish the fuel cell hybrid project did not get discontinued. I'd hope to see the claimed 155 mile range become reality one day.

R
R's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2009
Points: 1398
Re: 200+ mile range on Vectrix!

I wish the fuel cell hybrid project did not get discontinue

Dear myvectrix2008,
I'm afraid the fuell cell will never see the light. There are some major issues (rare materials like platinum, low durability, low efficiency) that makes very difficult to go ahead with this project. A vectrix designer from Italy confirmed a year ago that they have been working with CNG generators, as a replacement for the fuell cells.
After all, if you have a look at the market, we can buy lithium polymer from kokam:
http://www.kokam.com/english/product/battery_main.html

Just for a joke, I'll choose the hi energy density 100 Ah cells.
http://www.kokam.com/product/product_pdf/high_energy_density/EL-402_SLPB70460330_100Ah
Nominal voltage 3.7 v max voltage 4.2
125/3.70 34 cells
150/4.2= 36 cells
each cell weights 2.32 kg

36 cells = 83.52 kg
With a gain of 3.5 kg , the energy of the vectrix would be increased from 3750 Wh to 100 Ahx 3.7v x36 = 13320 Wh!

Peak discharge capacity:300 ampers = 39kwh
Continous discharge capacity: 100 ampers = 13kwh... Not bad at all...

Assuming a 35 mile trip for every 3 kwh (some say that the useful capacity of the vectrix battery is around 3 kwh), the range will be increased to around 154 miles...
Durability:800 cycles... 800x154 = 123.200 miles....

Is that durability enough? Do you really want 150 miles range? Come on, go ahead! The technology is out there, buy it and make it work in your lovely Vectrix! ;-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Customize This