xb500 short circuit
I have an xb500 electric bike. While charging the bike the output side of the charger had the wire cut. I found the green euro style fuse and it was blown. I replaced to fuse and the bike would not receive power. I assume that the "brain" electronic controller may have received a major shock. Might this be the case? Your assistance is appreciated.
If you had a problem, causing a short on the charger output while charging, you actually shorted TWO sources, the charger output, AND the battery! Check on the BATTERY side of your mishap, it is likely that the battery wiring or circuit board is burned/destroyed, if no fuse or protective device is in the charging lead to the battery cells. (check wiring with a good meter, sometimes wires burn INSIDE the insulation, and still LOOK good.)-Bob
If it is like the xb600 wiring there are TWO fuses that probably have blown. One for the main power to the controller, and a second in-line with the ignition key switch. If either is blown the bike will not turn on and have power. Other than that, do as suggested above.... Check all wiring and connections and batteries etc. If all that looks good you possibly fried your controller, only way to know would be to take it out of the bike and open it up. If something is blown on the circuit board you will be able to tell, trust me.
thanks, I found the problem. When i cut open an opening for the main fuse to access it I also pulled out the controller wire from the fuse. After some examination this morning I put the beast back together and we are back in business.