Rear tire pressure when riding with a pillion passanger

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
clagros
Rear tire pressure when riding with a pillion passanger

Before the VX, my bike was a Suzuki Burgman 125 CC.
In the Suzuki user manual, tires pressure section, it was specifically mentioned that the rear tire pressure should be rised (I don't remember exactly the numbers) from 32 psi to 39 (again, if I'm not wrong).
The explanation for that change is simple, since when carrying a pillion passanger the weight greather over the rear tire, flattening it, so the slight 'overpressure' brings back the tire ot its right shape.
This is not mentioned in the VX manual. Does anybody know if this is a recommendable practise and what the values for VX sould be?
Thanks!
Claudio

MikeB
Re: Rear tire pressure when riding with a pillion passanger

Honda says the same thing for my Silverwing: increase the pressure on the rear tire from 33psi to 36psi.

Even if the Vectrix manual doesn't mention it, it's probably the right thing to do. I'd add 3-5psi over whatever the standard pressure is.

However, check the sidewalls of the tire, and don't exceed the max pressure listed there. Usually, the recommended pressure is quit a bit lower than the max, so you can safely raise it a bit. Also, remember that higher pressure on the tires gives better mileage but reduces traction, so take the extra air out when you are back to riding solo.

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

SVX
Re: Rear tire pressure when riding with a pillion passanger

The recommended pressures are 33psi front, 41psi rear, the same as the max cold pressure listed on the tires' sidewalls. With a passenger, there is no need to increase pressure.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage