Stock peedometer how does it work

4 replies [Last post]
hguido1

I know the stock speedometer is wired to the white wire on the stock controller. Does anyone know how it calculates speed from that wire. I recently installed an 72v infineon controller(ecrazyman) and the blue wire from the new controller doesn't work with the stock speedometer. I have read on another forum that this blue wire works off a hall sensor and actually can be used with a cycle analyst computer to determine speed. So how does the stock controller determine speed with the analog gauge in the front dash.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
captainslug
captainslug's picture
Re: Stock peedometer how does it work

It doesn't work well at all, so I wouldn't work on trying to reconnect it.

hguido1

LOL, Thanks Captain. I was more concerned with how it works. I thought maybe it would give me some ideas of different speedometers I could install in the dash. Maybe something digital.

sixpax2k9

Unless I am mistaken, it is simply a value that is internally calculated by the controller depending on voltage and current used.

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

hguido1

Any other suggestions on a different speedometer that will work with the stock or aftermatket controllers? I have a bike computer now and it works good but it would be nice to have a real in-dash speedometer.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
V3 Cycle Analyst for Electric Bikes Ebike Display The Cycle Analyst V3 dashboard with speedometer sensor and magnet is a great addition to any Ebike
High Voltage: The Fast Track to Plug In the Auto Industry A behind-the-scenes look at the robustly competitive race to dominate the market for electric cars.
Customize This