CL-Audio Cooling Box

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
clagros
CL-Audio Cooling Box

Hello Forum,
Like almost everyone else, I've also spent some time around the cooling issues. The AB Cooling seems to be a nice solution, yet concern regarding warranty are still too high. May be an option, but not right now.
Other people solve the issue putting a portable air conditioner when charging: in my case (like probably others) that solution is either expensive (~1500 U$ in Israel) and/ or no-so-practical, since the AC can be easely stolen using it outdoors (sorry, no garage here).
The Israeli summer is long and very hot. I was urged to do something.
My solution? A simple cooling box (called CL-Audio Colling Box). I got the idea when looking for solutions.
It may sound funny to some of you, but... it is cheap and it works.
It took me jst a couple of hours to go to the store, spent about 50 $ buying this:
stuff.jpg
- A plastic box with lid
- A fan (used for ventilation)
- Connection cable with switch
- Flexible hose (used for exhaust of hot air dryers)
- Some screws and bolts
Then I made a hole in one side of the box and stuffed the fan:
vewntahole.jpg
You can also see the other hole in the opposite side of the box, with the hose outlet.
The idea is cooling the incoming air with iceboxes(in my experiment I used ice, which is a totally lack of responsibility):
setup.jpg
And surely I still need to put the iceboxes in such a way the air be properly cooled.
I also made some holes in the bottom so water drops can leak out freely.
My first try, with some ice and the lid unsealed, lowered the temp about 5-7 C. Probably not enough, but better than nothing.
Next steps: Isolation, iceboxes placement, new measurements: temperature and how long it last.
I still cannot tell the impact in the vectrix since the aoutside temperature is changing a lot so I cannot set a baseline.
I'll put some valuable statistic info when available.
Your thoughts?
Thanks!
(PS: weight, about 1.5 kg)

jmap
jmap's picture
Re: CL-Audio Cooling Box

If it works then that's a good and chip option.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage