Source for B&B Lead Acid Batteries

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tanner
Tanner's picture
Source for B&B Lead Acid Batteries

I need to replace my aging batteries in my Zapino. I presently have the B&B EVP35-12 batteries. If anyone has any information on better lead acid batteries, or info on good battery deals please post the info. I believe the current market price of the B&B batteries is about $100 each but I can't even find one source in San Diego CA for these batteries.

antonius
Re: Source for B&B Lead Acid Batteries

Better batteries are LiFePo4. You need 4 for each lead acid and they cost 4*44.- $. But they should live up to 3000 cycles.
You can get it here: http://www.evcomponents.com/shoppingcart.asp?Check=True

Antonius

Spaceangel

I was always looking for better deals on batteries myself. In the past 40 or so years I finally figured out pounds of lead is actually range in lead acid batteries. ALL of my made in China batteries are light weight lead, being 11 pound plus or minus, for the NPX-80 style Yuasa 20 amp hour type. My B-B batteries were on sale too for 45 bucks and I thought they were a bit light but then I really weighed them. 11 pounds 9 ounces plus or minus. Shipping lead is expensive so I slid on up to Interstate battery and ordered some CSB batteries on sale for 65.00 each and weighed them first. 14 pound 8, to 14 pound 11 ounces. and then I test them at 999 MA for 20 hours. A full 20 amp hour and still some energy left in them.

I need to replace my aging batteries in my Zapino. I presently have the B&B EVP35-12 batteries. If anyone has any information on better lead acid batteries, or info on good battery deals please post the info. I believe the current market price of the B&B batteries is about $100 each but I can't even find one source in San Diego CA

So I hope you find a deal that suites you. I hate replacing batteries and a better battery is my choice. BTW keep batteries matched for date code and weight if possible. Interstate owns Optima Yellow top and Saft too.

KB1UKU

__Tango

I know it's not in your local area, but try calling Electric Green Showroom in San Carlos, CA (650-591-4458). I spoke with them about some issues i was having with my zapino, and the person i spoke with (Dan, i think) was very knowledgeable and talked to me about various battery options. He may be able to get the batteries you're looking for, or point you at better ones.

Tanner
Tanner's picture

Thanks for all of your input on batteries. At this point, I would like to stick with the lead acid because I invested in a good bank charging system that works well. Also, the cost of the lead acid batteries isn't too expensive. In the future I hope to get a good scooter with lithium batteries and a good battery management system.

Steve Tanner

Tanner
Tanner's picture

I looked high and low to find a place to buy replacement B&B batteries and finally found a company named Aventrade (www.aventrade.com) in Temple City, CA (Los Angeles area). The replacement batteries are B&B Part No. EVP35-12F-12 and they sell for $80 each (plus shipping). The -12 at the end of the part number means that the battery does not have posts, but instead threaded M6 inserts like the stock Zapino batteries. These are special order batteries but Aventrade can have them shipped directly to you from B&B. I realize that there are other batteries to choose from but I had good luck with the B&B batteries that came with my Zapino.

Steve Tanner

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage