Strange Occurance but perhaps not strange

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jonathanm
Strange Occurance but perhaps not strange

Good evening all,
Last night after getting back home and charging I noticed that my Vectrix was in synch mode. It takes probably some 6 hours or so to complete its cycle.
Anyway tonight I had to drop my daughter down in Nice and I noticed it was not a great charge. I know the route pretty well and how many bars I normally consume. It was a little thirstier than normal. Anyway almost home and the low battery warning light came on with 6 bars left. I thought that was a little strange.
I made it home ok and put the bike on charge and then the 5 bars (by this time) completley disappeared and the charging was starting as if the battery was completely empty ie zero.

Any thoughts anybody - or is this completely normal. I have now 8,000 km and not seen this before.

thanks,

Jonathan

procrastination inc
procrastination inc's picture
Re: Strange Occurance but perhaps not strange

It has happened to me and many others. Some believe it is battery imbalance that the system doesn't notice until well after the weakest cells can't give any more.

heaps of discussion on this forum:

http://visforvoltage.org/search/google/disappearing%20bars%20vectrix?query=disappearing%20bars%20vectrix&cx=00970606222652896485...

Spaceangel

Do you notice the amp meter when charging? The battery pack should charge for 2 , 2 1/2. or three hours at CP then go through a cool down and go for 45 minutes to an hour CC? Some times mine trips breaker, 15 amp weak breaker and I forget to look at over all picture and go to drive mine and either GFCI tripped or main breaker tripped. I am making an Ammeter to view my AC charging from now on. I have been getting CAN bus error and a yellow wrench on instrument cluster come on once and worried that something is going on. But it is driving normal again on my VX-1 I don't ever go drive more than half bars so I don't know what errors one gets at three to 6 bars left. But the few times I did I go no indications of low juice. The few times i got to three bars left I noticed with the down hill driving it got back to six bars by the time I plugged in again. I also have an extra Kill-A -Watt meter I should leave in the garage to view to make sure I put in my 4 to 6 Kilowatts. The charger turns on charging sequence. My charging is done in usually under 4 hours total. That is with cool down. Do you have any more information? On your situation.

KB1UKU

Mik
Mik's picture

Also search VisforVoltage for BALPOR (= Battery Low POint Reset).

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

marylandbob

I find that if I ride until the "battery warning" is illuminated, regardless of how many bars are there, they disappear and reset to zero when I charge, so I suppose this is normal.--Bob

Robert M. Curry

Jonathanm

Today after its long charge "from zero" I had some errands to do but I noticed that the charge was not good - poor range. After I got home (with about 4 bars used I plugged it in again and let it do its business. It took longer than normal to completely finish its cycle. I had another short ride tonight to the local station and it seemed to be close to normal.
Tomorrow I do my normal commute with my son to school - I know exactly how much I use for that.

Until then...

Jonathanm

Thanks Bob,

I hope that it the case - anyway I'll see tomorrow - its just that I have never noticed this before. Perhaps you are right and it is completely normal?

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage