Charging problem - blown fuse?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
joru
Charging problem - blown fuse?

I can charge the batteries one-by-one with a 12v charger, but I get nothing when charging with the original 48v charger. The charging process starts fine, but ends too soon, and with no result. Someone mentioned a fuse that could cause this. Where would that be - in the (original) charger or on the EVT4000? I cannot find it anywhere. Where in that case? Or what else could cause this. I should mention that everything used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago. Thanks in advance for any advice!

lovesexy
Re: Charging problem - blown fuse?

Hi

Had this problem a while back... There are fuses in the yellow cables under the 'hood' of the bike. Near the point where the charging connector is connected to. Just check which one is blow and replace.

Cheers

joru
Re: Charging problem - blown fuse?

Problem solved! In my EVT 4000 there was no fuse onboard the actual scooter anywhere between the charging connector and the batteries. In the charger there is one glass fuse in the middle. That was OK. No other fuse was visible until I after a few weeks started to lift some cables in one corner of the charger. And there - right at the bottom - was a 15A ceramic fuse that was blown! Changing that solved it!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage