Three Phase Hub Motors and Controllers

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rodifications
Three Phase Hub Motors and Controllers

I've recently happened upon a HUNT/MILANO/RIETTI GTX ............(whatever you want to call it) electric bike w/bad controller and siezed motor. I was able to repair the motor and now have it running on a pantera controller. It seems to run quite well but I have yet to put it under any load cuz the darn thangs turnin bakurds............ I know it can be reversed but these controllers are smarter than me. So I was just just thinkin maybe one a yallz could hep me with this here wirin..................PLZ

Rodifications
Re: Three Phase Hub Motors and Controllers

Well.............After extensive internet searching for info; I learned a lot about brushless motors and the controllers used to turn them.
The most common answer to the most common question (how to reverse rotation?) did not work . Simply swapping two of the three primaries did not
work for me. As I understood it..................each winding (or primary) is given a sensor so the controller sees each one. So moving one primary without also moving its sensor along with it wont get you very far. That however is not the problem................when using a different controller other than the factory
match and even if the wire colors match , you still do not know which primary belongs to which sensor. It gets better .........it didn't take me this many but
apparently there are sixty four possible combos . If needed there is a process which will provide the desired results which I will share with whom ever needs it.
rgsexton [at] cox.net Oh ...........the bike did 17 mph O E M and now does 33, a little to much for that bike .......... oh well.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage