Red Battery Light every morning last few weeks

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
israndy
israndy's picture
Red Battery Light every morning last few weeks

Here in California we just finally started getting winter weather. Used to be in the 50s or 60s in the AM, now in the 40s and I notice that EVERY morning when I am close to work (11 miles of straight max speed) the Red battery light comes on just before I normally get off the freeway. I have tried pulling over and checking the temps (well below 30 degrees), slowing down, going the rest of the way undeterred, and I get the same results each way, I get to work and the light eventually goes off. I have also seen the red Temp light come on for a minute, usually a minute before the red bat light goes off.

Is the air thicker so it's harder to push thru it on the way to work? Is the battery growing old? I still get the same milage. Should I register the bike with Vectrix USA and check into warranty work?

-Randy

jurba
Re: Red Battery Light every morning last few weeks

Here in California we just finally started getting winter weather. Used to be in the 50s or 60s in the AM, now in the 40s and I notice that EVERY morning when I am close to work (11 miles of straight max speed) the Red battery light comes on just before I normally get off the freeway. I have tried pulling over and checking the temps (well below 30 degrees), slowing down, going the rest of the way undeterred, and I get the same results each way, I get to work and the light eventually goes off. I have also seen the red Temp light come on for a minute, usually a minute before the red bat light goes off.

Is the air thicker so it's harder to push thru it on the way to work? Is the battery growing old? I still get the same milage. Should I register the bike with Vectrix USA and check into warranty work?

-Randy

god....

vectrixhoper

AndY1
AndY1's picture

The temperature shouldn't make such a difference. For the last month, I was driving to work when there was from -2°C to 0°C and I did two rides to work and back (46km in sum) without any red light. Granted, the bike was parked in a garage at 11°C, so the starting battery temperature was 11°C and I never drove more than 70km/h.

But if you have it parked outside at 0°C and your actual battery temperature is close to 0°C, it's possible to get red battery even though the battery is not yet empty. It just can't give so much at that temperature. I experienced that with my old battery, when the battery was still ok, this spring, when battery temperature was at aprox. 4°C, but when it got warmer, it was back to usual.

So, IMO, in your case, it's temperature combined with high power consumption.

fost5097

I am having something similar that I posted under the topic "Mileage per charge in cold season". You might find those replies informative.

fost5097

I am having something similar that I posted under the topic "Mileage per charge in cold season". You might find those replies informative.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage