Installing a Kelly controller (KEB72601)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mbqmbq
Installing a Kelly controller (KEB72601)

I'm going to replace the stock controller with the KEB72601 and plan to use the regen brake combined with the throttle.

Are colors on the wires for the three phase and the hall effect switches compatible or do I have do research to figure out the combination to use?

I plan to document the work and post here.

/Magnus

Iccarus
Iccarus's picture
Re: Installing a Kelly controller (KEB72601)

If I remember correctly they are the same. I rigged mine with a separate thumb throttle for variable regen. You can do it you're way just don't forget to close the throttle when you let off the brake! Unless you're talking about the stock setup in the controller that gives you up to 20% brakes when you let off the throttle. That works well but I like full variable regen. Search on regen and find my old post there's a picture on how to mount the "trigger style" braking, allowing you to be ready on both discs while doing variable regen.

2008 XM3500li Mods/Kelly KBL12251/84v 28cell 40AH pack/ Variable regen brake trigger on left brake handle/Givi/Cycle Analyst/Homemade BMS

KMX Typhoon Home build (recumbent pedelec) with two Astro Brushless 3220motors/twin castle Phoenix ICEHV 160/ Cycl

mbqmbq
Re: Installing a Kelly controller (KEB72601)

That's great. I was reading the instructions on how to get the phases correctly hooked up with the hall effect switches and was starting to panic. The controller is in Swedish customs so I should get it in a couple of days.

/Magnus

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage