Range after a long period of inactivity !

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
oley
Range after a long period of inactivity !

Hello,

I'm a new user of the Vectrix scooter. My V indicate a range of approximatively 30Km.
Is this estimation could change after several charge/discharge of the batteries if these ones was not used for a long time ?

Best regards.

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Range after a long period of inactivity !

Welcome to the forum!

It should. Make 2 complete charges and 2 complete discharges (up to the red battery telltale) and you should be good to go.
For this certain procedure, make every complete discharge within 24 hours of full charge, because NiMH battery has an aprox. 10% self discharge within first 24 hours and battery capacity wouldn't be accurately measured if you wouldn't do it within 24 hours.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Range after a long period of inactivity !

After a long period of inactivity I would consider the range indicator as totally unreliable; and the battery as severely imbalanced and in need of tampering, not deep discharging!

I'd avoid any discharges deeper than 13/17th on the hourglass display and always recharge fully including all stages of charging for at least 5 cycles, before doing any deeper discharges.

And charge it as long as it keeps charging before the first ride.

It also depends a bit on the software that is running in the scooter. If it has newer software, then no deep discharges until after it has done an equalization charge.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage