HELP Required Please :o) What eScooter / eBike do I own? and where can I find a wiring diagram?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
magicchris
magicchris's picture
HELP Required Please :o) What eScooter / eBike do I own? and where can I find a wiring diagram?

Hi Guys,

Great Site so much info its great, just what I have been looking for.

I am wondering if you may be able to help me....

A few months ago I purchased a 2nd hand electric scooter that needed to be restored. So far so good ... But ... I can't find any information on it, no Labels, no Make, no ID tag, nothing. It was apparently purchased from a shop here in the UK called Argos but they can't help me as it was purchased over 2 years ago.

I was hoping that someone may have the knowledge that I lack to identify what the make and model is for my eScooter / eBike that I purchased.

I have loosely placed the panels back on as I am currently trying to get the brake lights working. As you will know the wiring system is Crazy, goes in 1 colour and comes out another so I am finding it confusing to say the least. So if you do know what eBike I have, would you also be able to help me locate the wiring diagram for it so I can finally get it back on the road.

I have taken a few pictures which I am sure will help.

DSCF3564.JPG

DSCF3566.JPG

DSCF3569.JPG

DSCF3570.JPG

DSCF3576.JPG

DSCF3579.JPG

Thank you so much for your time and any help you can provide me will gratefully received.

Speak Soon

Chris

Webmaster
Webmaster's picture
Re: HELP Required Please :o) What eScooter / eBike do I ...

Looks like one of the typical scooterbikes from China. I'm assuming those black patches are where pedals could be put in place?

There are a hundred or more manufacturers of this sort of scooterbike in China. It may not help to find a specific manufacturer. But then I'm not a real connoisseur of the innards of these things. I have however spent enough time on electricscooterparts.com to see that the same controller will be used by dozens of manufacturers.

You might get lucky and for example start with the controller, yahoogle any part numbers on the controller, and find a wiring diagram for that part. I did spend an afternoon with an EVTAmerica Z20 recently and it was frustrating that they didn't follow any rational color coding for the cables - as you say a wire would go into the wiring harness with one color, and emerge at the other end with another color. It'll require some ..p.a.t.i.e.n.c.e.. to map that out.

- David Herron, http://longtailpipe.com/

magicchris
magicchris's picture

Hi Webmaster,

Thanks for your speedy reply and help.

Your right those blacks spaces are for the pedals, and those colours on all the wiring in and out of just mad.

I did what you suggested and took out my controller looking for a part number but the only label I could see was small white and red label, it had some writing on it, but unfortunately it was in Chinese. (What a surprise...not)

I spent the last hour looking on the internet for a match but without success. SO I thought the next best thing was to take some pictures of it and post them on here. You never know someone may have seen one before.

DSCF3655.JPG

DSCF3656.JPG

DSCF3657.JPG

DSCF3663.JPG

DSCF3664.JPG

Basically the RHS of the controller has

Red x 2
Black x 1
Green x 1
Green and White x 1
Yellow x 1
Blue x 1

and the LHS has

Red x 2
Black x 2
Green x 2
Yellow x 3
Blue x 1
Grey x 1
White x 1
and a small triple connector block which has Red, Black & Green wires leading to it. (see pic)

Thanks again for your previous email, much appreciated :o)

Speak Soon

Chris

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture

Chris,

That's a nice looking scooter, no matter what unpronounceable brand it may be. Are all the plastic panels intact? You gotta do something about that ugly seat, though...

That's a lot of wires to trace! I'll bet there are leads to lights and turn signals and just about everything. From the pic, it appears you have a brushless hub motor? So you would need a brushless controller, if you need to replace.

If your headlight, taillight, brake light, turn signals, etc, all go thru the controller, you may have bulbs that are "system voltage" and will be more difficult to replace than a standard 12V automotive bulb. If you buy a new controller without all those functions, you can still drive a 12V lighting system thru a dc-dc converter.

Just trying to lay-out a few options. The easiest, of course, would be to find a plug-in wire-for-wire replacement.

Do you know for certain if your controller is bad or good?

magicchris
magicchris's picture

Hi e-doggies,

Thanks for your reply.

I will be replacing the seat cover once the scooter is up and running, as I too don't like the gaffa tape effect. lol

In answer to your question my controller works perfectly. The problems I am having is that 99% of everything electric works, e.g. lights, indicators, dash board lights, horn, motor works, etc, etc BUT the one thing that doesn't work are the Brake Lights. The Bulbs are fine, but the wires from the brake levers go from Blue into White then into the Controller and that's were it stops. At the other End the Red wires comes from the Bulb and goes into a junction socket but there is NO connecting wire from the junction socket into the Controller.

I know its a simple problem it has got me and my multi-meter baffled. lol

Thanks again for your reply.

Chris

Buzzer
Buzzer's picture

My neighbor speaks fluent Chinese, having lived and worked there for many years. If you can post a clear photo of any Chinese on the bike or parts, maybe she can translate it into information that will help you track down the manufacturer.

Buzzer

There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture

... the one thing that doesn't work are the Brake Lights. The Bulbs are fine, but the wires from the brake levers go from Blue into White then into the Controller and that's were it stops. At the other End the Red wires comes from the Bulb and goes into a junction socket but there is NO connecting wire from the junction socket into the Controller...

Chris

Are you certain your brake lever switch is working properly? Do you have voltage from the controller, all the way to the brake lever switch?

Have you traced all the wires that go into the "junction socket"? There needs to be a connection from bulb to controller somehow, maybe just not a direct route?

There could also be a small fuse somewhere in the brake circuit.

Let us know what you learn.

wookey

At least some of your body panels match the Boatian scout/BT49QT-9, but not all. I can also tell you that it is not an Erato 04. Front panel slightly different, sides of seat and floor panels different. Front drum instead of disk. You might want to look on the UK-based http://electricmotoring.forumup.co.uk/ for clues.

Wookey
Sakura s50 (Efun A)

Piers

Your brake light is connected to nothing? Find the spare connector from the controller and plug it in to the brake connector?

Piers

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage