Good bye Garndpa

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nelson
Good bye Garndpa

OK yous guys. I've been watching this thread for a while. I am 80 years old (google Nelson McAvoy) and I need some way to make me 60 years old again so I can keep up with the pack. I have a 1995 Bianchi Volpe. Rode it all over the world. It is quick response steel with braze-ons all over for touring. It was really made for cyclcross. Spring is coming in these Appalachian mountains, when we start up a hill, you know what will happen? They say, "Good bye Grandpa". I can handle it when they choose up to play ball and they choose me last. But it is hard to handle, "Good bye Grandpa". I do about 75 watts (0.1 hp) on the flat which is about 10 mph (15 km). I want to do that RAGBRAI from the Mississippi to the Missouri in Iowa this summer. I got me one of those 1970 style small Zipp fairings and have been fanaticizing about pulling in behind riders and drafting. One good thing about being old, some might let me do it.
Like I said, you guys got me to thinking. So I up and bought an LP350 700 kit and an extra battery. If I take a condom made for Clydesdale horses, cover the battery, maybe I will be able to say, sometimes, "Good bye kids". I'll keep you posted.
Nelson McAvoy

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Good bye Garndpa

;-)

Good luck !!!

dgk

What's an LP3350 700? I'm seriously thinking of converting my current Trek Hybrid (7100) to an Ebike - looking at the PL350.

Nelson

That was a typo-350 not 3350.

dgk

My typo, yes. But I meant the -700 part. Silly me, wheel size of course.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage