Installing the regen brake of a 350 kit on a racing type bike

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nelson
Installing the regen brake of a 350 kit on a racing type bike

I will be getting my LP350-700C kit soon. I will put it on my Bianchi Volpe which has Shimano RSX SLI-8 shifter with drop handlebars. That is, the shifter and brake are one unit with sideways motion for shifting and squeeze for brakeing. I will want to disconnect the back caliper brake and use the regenerative braking for the back and calipers for the front. In the youtube assembly demonstration it showed attaching the regenerative braking assemble to a straight handle bar, separate break leaver, type of break. My question is, will I be able to disconnect my back caliper brakes and put the regen assembly into the Shimano unit and still use it for shifting. Using only caliper brakes in the front and only reg braking in the back is what I want. I would like to keep my shifters in tact because there will be times when I will want to take the Bionx wheel off and use my old fashion wheel sometimes.
I will not get my new wheel kit for a week or so but I need to know if I have to do anything to get ready.

Thanks for any help,
Nelson

Nelson
Re: Installing the regen brake of a 350 kit on a racing type ...

I got no replies. Evidently, no one uses the Bionx kit on a bike with drop handlebars.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage