Bluetooth Helmets?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
rewski
Bluetooth Helmets?

Being the Vectrix is a technological marvel, hopefully I can get some advice on motorcycle helmets with bluetooth. I'm looking for a full face helmet with bluetooth capabilities so I can listen to music, answer my cell, and get the audio from my GPS. Any suggestions? My local shops don't carry much of a supply so I've only been able to look at what is online (primarily Motorcycle Superstore). Thanks.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Bluetooth Helmets?

I've got a Nolan with Nolan N-Com.

The only trouble is that a mobile phone cannot play stereo radio without a headset plugged in, because it doubles as the antenna.

So, to listen to radio, you need to plug in the wire.

I also had some trouble with sound via mobile phone not being received by whoever rings me, when the system was also playing music. I could hear the caller, but the caller could not hear me.
I did not put in any significant effort to find out how to fix it or test it. I just like to listen to the radio during my commute and the phone calls will just have to wait!

I installed a audio wire into my motorbike jacket so that connecting is easy at the start of a ride.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

HarryS

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/motorcyclekits/parrotsk4000
I have been using it for a year. Its great. Mounts to just about any helmet, nice stereo sound and build in radio. Also has a clip on remote for the left handlebar to control volume, pick up the phone, skip to the next son etc.

undead

I own the Parrot SK4000 headset.

Love the thing to bits - excellent audio quality, full control using the handlebar remote. Was talking to people at over 60mph and they didnt know i was even riding the bike.

Charge for me lasts over a week.

strawhistle

Did anyone look at that flying quadracopter? that is COOL !! if i had a loose $500 I'd be on it in a min. LaTeR

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

rewski

Do you guys have the Parrot mounted on a full face or half face helmet? Is there enough room to mount the mic under the mouth guard on a full face? Thanks.

Adam - Denver, CO
2007 Vectrix VX-1 charged with the power of the sun = zero carbon footprint

undead

Do you guys have the Parrot mounted on a full face or half face helmet? Is there enough room to mount the mic under the mouth guard on a full face? Thanks.

Full face, and the mic sits just under the bottom of the helmet near the mouthh.

The noise cancelling technology is just unreal, so don't worry about wind noise on the other end of the phone.

HarryS

i have mine on an open faced 3/4. Great sound great usability.

Aircon
RaDy
RaDy's picture

I also have the Nolan 103 N-com , but i didnt buy the bloototh kit for the moment, precisely because the compatibility of this kit wasnt very good for the iphone... yet. Thats what they told me.

Mik
Mik's picture

I think the iphone does not have AD2P (stereo Bluetooth).

Before buying the N-com, I used the speakers from an old headset. Cut them off the holder and mount in the recesses in the helmet. Add a cable with volume control and you have music and radio in your helmet, just n ot wireless. The sound quality is better that way, and the radio works!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Aircon

I wouldn't put money on it, but I have a bluetooth stereo headset that definitely makes different sounds from each side when hooked up to my iphone....which is all i thought stereo is, but i'm not a music person.

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/s9/

rewski

The iPhone 3.0 software actually enabled AD2P so the phone can connect and stream stereo to any stereo bluetooth headset.

Adam - Denver, CO
2007 Vectrix VX-1 charged with the power of the sun = zero carbon footprint

israndy
israndy's picture

I got one of these for $12:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bluetooth-2-0-A2DP-Stereo-Music-Receiver-IPOD-MP3-Skype_W0QQitemZ200383850309QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBluetooth_Wi...

and these for $5:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Helmet-Speaker-Stereo-for-MP3-CD-RADIO-IPOD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25587fb3dfQQite...

and turned my helmet INTO a bluetooth helmet. The receiver is so light I can clip to the helmet. Has a microphone in it so if you receive a call just push the button and answer it.

ONLY thing that a bluetooth helmet does that I can't figure out how to do it is helmet to helmet communications. But that seems to be manufacturer specific. Can't go HJC to Shoei either.

-Randy

Magendanz
Magendanz's picture

I got one of these VCAN 210 modular helmets for Christmas when they went on sale at Costco for $190. The BLINC system is good for both answering phone calls and providing continuous stereo playback of the Easy Rider soundtrack from my iPhone. Sound quality is pretty poor, but it works as advertised.

The problem is really that the speakers are sewn into little padded sacks that flap at your ears, and I find them very uncomfortable as they press on my TMJ. Moreover, the button for unlocking the helmet face is awkwardly placed and the helmet is constantly fogging up on me. Frankly, my $89 bargain Fuel modular helmet from GI Joes was a better helmet.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage