When pre-charge cooling is set and Vectrix is shut down with left break applied, is pre-charge cooling activated....

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
AndY1
AndY1's picture
When pre-charge cooling is set and Vectrix is shut down with left break applied, is pre-charge cooling activated....

I have my Vectrix parked in a garage and can't test this.

When pre-charge cooling is set (let's say to 7 hours) and Vectrix is shut down with left break applied, is pre-charge cooling activated every time when Vectrix is re-plugged to the wall plug, without the Vectrix being switched on in between?

Let me describe this in an example. I'm setting up my charging point in my underground garage parking space, where it never gets hotter than 18°C. I will have a timer in my charging socket and I want to be able, in hottest summer days, when I arrive home, immediately cool down my battery pack with pre-charge cooling. But, since I usually arrive home at 15:30 hours, even the longest pre-charge cooling delay isn't enough to start the real charging procedure at 05:00 AM, next morning.

I would like to:
1. I park my Vectrix at my parking space, turn it off with pre-charge cooling delay set.
2. Plug Vectrix to the timer plug
3. Set timer to CountDown of 1 hour
4. Pre-charge cooling will cool down the battery for 1 hour
5. At 22:00 (cheaper electricity from 22:00 to 6:00), the programmed timer will turn on the power power to the Vectrix
6. Vectrix would again activate pre-charge cooling (set at my arrival home), which would be set to 7 hour delay, which would start charging at 5:00 and (with pre-charge cooling delay) additionally cool the battery if needed
7. At 6:00, the timer would turn off the power and my Vectrix would be charged enough for my daily trips

So, if pre-charge cooling delay is interrupted and after a while Vectrix is again plugged to the power (without turning the bike back on in between), is pre-charge cooling delay still activated or does it go directly to the charging procedure?

Thank you for your replies?

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: When pre-charge cooling is set and Vectrix is shut down ...

Just try it out!

Set pre charge cooling to the shortest interval, whatever that is, then unplug, replug, watch what happens.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I will, if no one has tried that yet. I was just wondering if anyone has tried that yet.

X Vectrix

AndY1
The delay is only active on the first power up cycle. If you plug in AC, then unplug, then replug, the delay is cancelled.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Thank you!

Mik
Mik's picture

Oh well, what can I say, you know what device can do all of this, and more!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

antiscab

AndY1
The delay is only active on the first power up cycle. If you plug in AC, then unplug, then replug, the delay is cancelled.

yep, this is consistent with what i have found,

turning the power point off-on is much faster than booting the bike back up again just to turn it off :D

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage