relay as throttle

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
deacon
relay as throttle

I have used 24v motor on friction drive diy bikes for some time now. I have used them with controllers up to 48v and I feel that controllers are just something else to go bad ten miles from home. I find the simplest build is to use a 20amp household light switch and 600 watt motor combination with 24volts, It isn't as nice a ride as 36v but it doesn't blow fuses or burn up like a controller either.

Lately I have gotten it into my head that I want to put a simple on off relay on the bike so that I can run a momentary low voltage switch rather than the 20amp household throw switch.

My knowledge of relays is not really good so I thought I would ask you guys. What I want is a relay that will do 24v 40amp on the high side, I would like a complete circuit on the low side powered by one or more alkaline batteries. The alkaline so that I can just replace them easily. I would love to hear your ideas and advice. Thanks deacon.

PS is there such a relay...and where would I find one. Also what would happen if I used a 12v starter relay.

deacon
Re: relay as throttle

I got a friend to give me a good diagram and the name of a relay that will work so I don't need the information after all sorry to have bothered you guys with it. I should have checked with him first. Have a good day and happy trails.

antiscab
Re: relay as throttle

kilovac EV200 will switch that current for a *really* long time.

you can pick them up from ebay for like US$50.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage