7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jerry the Spinner
Jerry the Spinner's picture
BionX Code 0008 Extra Assistance

On the new BionX controller code 0008 extra assistance range

A goes from 1 to 4

B goes from 10 to 25

Does any one know why there are 2 different settings A and B. What does the B setting do?

I was also wondering if any one has played with the 0007 Assist Sensitivity range

goes from .1 to 4

Is there some kind of ideal setting? I like to pedal with a cadence of 75 to 90. I find when I pedal with a high cadence I get very little assist.

cjr
Re: BionX Code 0008 Extra Assistance

I believe A is how much extra assistance you get, and B is the speed at which you get it.

I adjusted both 0007 and 0008 so I could get more assistance while spinning on my recumbent. If memory serves, pushing up 0008 can make the system much more responsive at lower pedal pressures/higher cadences (and very zippy indeed when pulling away from a stop.)

There is no free lunch of course. 1, more assistance will use more energy from your battery. 2, fussing with those codes will violate your warranty. (Or so my dealer told me after I had previously gotten the advice to make those adjustments over the phone from a Bionx engineer while at my dealer...)

Charlie
http://ElectricCyclist.com

Charlie

Jerry the Spinner

cjr thank you for your help. I like to cycle at a high cadence between 80 and 90 and I get very little assist when I do from the BionX. I am assuming then the B setting is 10 to 25 would be at what speed I want the extra assist to kick in. I normally hit a wall at around 12 mph. Therefore, I will adjust the B setting to 12. I will play with it and post my results.

Bicycle Commuter from New York City.
Trek FX+

cjr

I can't tell you what's best for you, but I can tell you how mine is set. It could probably be tweaked (especially to raise 8b) but it's working for me. I think boosting 0007 made the biggest difference -- without it, the torque sensor didn't recognize my easy-on-the-knees pedal pressure.

0007 = 3.4
0008 a=1.5, b = 10

This is on a 2008 vintage PL350.

Charlie

Charlie

Jerry the Spinner

I can't tell you what's best for you, but I can tell you how mine is set. It could probably be tweaked (especially to raise 8b) but it's working for me. I think boosting 0007 made the biggest difference -- without it, the torque sensor didn't recognize my easy-on-the-knees pedal pressure.

0007 = 3.4
0008 a=1.5, b = 10

This is on a 2008 vintage PL350.

Charlie

Charlie I was wondering with b set to 10. Do you feel when you hit 10mph you get the extra boost of speed.

Have you played around with BionX code 3776: Speed that motor will start?

Trek FX+

cjr

Charlie I was wondering with b set to 10. Do you feel when you hit 10mph you get the extra boost of speed.

I haven't really noticed, but then I'm generally moving faster than that. I do notice a ridiculous burst of speed when I first start, and would probably prefer to adjust things to have a little less oomph when first setting out. I typically use the lower assist settings, but probably get lots of boost anyway because of the way I have 0007 set.

Have you played around with BionX code 3776: Speed that motor will start?

Yes! I ride a recumbent and have been struggling with a bad knee. Having assistance immediately when starting is a big deal for me because it limits the load on my patellar tendon just as I'm balancing my recumbent and setting out. I set it to zero, which means I can get assistance from a dead stop (even with throttle only if I choose.) Doubtless not the best choice for maximizing the range on your battery, but I think it's terrific.

Charlie

Jerry the Spinner

Charlie Thank you so much for all your Help!

Trek FX+

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage