Getting service in the US

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
israndy
israndy's picture
Getting service in the US

Went by the Marin California dealer yesterday to see about the problems with my battery light flashing on the way to work since winter started. He thought it might be a bad battery, but that w/o support from Vectrix it wasn't worth hooking up to the analyzer. It would probably just give a historical overtemp error. If they had parts they could put a new pack in.

What was interesting is that he said that since the new year New Vectrix had claimed to be coming with a truck full of parts every month, but had yet to arrive to help fix the many dead Vectrices that they already have taking up space in their dealership.

Oddly enough, he said it that way to discourage me, but I was actually encouraged that Vectrix is supposedly out and about with trucks full of parts.

Don't suppose anyone has actually seen any evidence that they were back in business in the US? The dealer I bought from in the East Bay has had NO contact from them since the initial blackout.

-Randy

Reid250
Re: Getting service in the US

Randy;
There is a fair amount of chatter posted about the NEW Vectrix people as to their first priority being to get parts and support to current owners. I would suspect that their intentions are genuine as this would only make sense if you are trying to cash in on some of the value of the brand name. The ability to deliver this service in the short term is what is in question. The real priority for any company is to generate maximum cash flow asap. Setting up a parts warehouse and shipping is a large investment, with a slow return. The fact that two dealers have totally different information is suspect. It you had a plan to provide support, wouldn't you contact all your dealers? Wouldn't you want all of them on board for the launch of your new scoot?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage