Bypass BMS ?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
blairg
blairg's picture
Bypass BMS ?

How do you charge and discharge a Cammy LIFEPO4 battery bypassing the BMS ? This is what is being recommended and I don't know how to do it .

Thanks

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Bypass BMS ?

I don't know that specific maker (bought from pingping instead) but the general idea is to unwrap the duct tape, find the positive most and negative most leads in the pack, and connect directly to them. You'll find under the duct tape that the BMS is connected to two specific cells which will be the postive-most and negative-most cells. The BMS will also have small wires going to individual cells, but the postive-most and negative-most cells will have large wires connected to them. The small wires are for the balancing action while the big wires are for charging and discharging.

Charging and discharging is done through the BMS. It provides some useful functions that will protect the pack from overcharge and overdischarge.

blairg
blairg's picture

thanks for the help. Actually she just wanted me to unplug the plug that connects to all the cells.

ebikelane
ebikelane's picture

I am having a problem with a Lifpo4 48v 15ah pack I put in my electric scooter. I left the key on for over a week and now it will not charge with any of the "smart chargers" too smart I guess! My engineer recommends charging up the old SLA pack and then using it to charge the Lifepo4 pack, with current limiting in the positive side - like a 100w light bulb.

The charger will not charge it even without the BMS unplugged and the charger directly plugged into the main pos/neg connectors. The charger blinks for an error.

anyone tried the Ctystalite motorcycle motor?

Sheridan Adams

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage