10 to 15 amp smart charger 60V VRLA

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
randalson
10 to 15 amp smart charger 60V VRLA

Hey all - my EVD has 5 BB EB-50 12v batts for 60V. It came with a 5 amp 3 stage charger. BB says the batts can handle 15 amps charge rate. I think I understand that the 5 amp rate will result in longer batt life (drawdown % being equal), but there will be times when I will want a quicker "fill up." So, I am looking for a 60V 3 stage charger in the 10 to 15 amp range. Any leads? Thanks!

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture
Re: 10 to 15 amp smart charger 60V VRLA

http://www.newkellycontroller.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_49&products_id=107

Charging at 12A should not decrease the lifespan of your batteries..

randalson

Nice, thanks. That one did not google up for me. Now if I can figure out the plug type adaptation... the inlet plug is a C14 male. These are usually rated at 10 amps. It makes me wonder about the wiring from there to the batteries for the charge circuit: can it handle 12 amps without melting something. I'll put in a Q to my vendor. I'll also ask Kelly about plug compatibility.

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture

I would suggest buying a "Anderson SB50" connector, same as on the charger and mount it on the bike, they are very durable and can take 50A.

randalson

OK, great. Do you think the wire behind the connector should be larger than 14, for 12 amps? (I don't know what it is, yet.)

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture

Yes, you propably have to change the wires to the batteries to around 8, or it will not fit the plugs in the Anderson connector.
Well it will fit, but when you press them they will be very flat due to lack of material.

randalson

Well, after staring at the photo in the manual of the actual wiring loom and the schematic, there is supposed to be a 20a fuse between the inlet plug and the batteries. I will confirm that it actually is a 20, but that seems to indicate that 12 amps could flow there safely. If I go with an SB50, then I have to change the existing 5a charger if I continue to use it overnight at home. I want the faster one at work.

Jiessie Huang

Hi Guy,

So you mean you are looking for a 60V 3 stage charger in the 10 to 15 amp range,we can offer the charger you are looking for.

Email:export3 [at] hztiecheng.com

Spaceangel

I just had all of my chargers from Alpha scooter / Xtreme scooter bite the dust. The only one I have working is a replacement from them for my XM-2000. It is a black charger with red AC LED, a yellow charging LED, and a green LED meaning charged. That one seems to charge fast but I have not hooked up an amp meter to verify it. It goes for 6 to 8 hours and battery pack is 38 AMP/Hour.
So maybe 4 or 5 amp rate on that one. I am using mainly the yellow chargers from TNC because of the price but current is a lot less. I guess around 2 amps or so. I want the most charge for the buck but also ease of getting it and China is a hard place to get things from in my experience thru eBay. I tried JohnnyJ link to http://www.newkellycontroller.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_49&products_id=107, and I have Linux and couldn't get past country to do my order. So I tried http://www.cloudelectric.com/product_p/bc-hwc1b-60v-fslash-12a.htm cloud and presto. I got in and paid for a nice 60 volt at 12 amp charger. I feel good for it still is more bang for the buck. So if you want a good price and fast ease of ordering try Cloud for $195.00 plus $18.00 for UPS. I think they are in North GA. Near TN where there are lots of scooter stores.
I have taken picture of all my Soneil chargers and they all smoked the same transistors or FETS or what ever. Also they are glued in the circuit board to aluminum case.I am not a fan of B-B batery but they are right in charging rate.

Hey all - my EVD has 5 BB EB-50 12v batts for 60V. It came with a 5 amp 3 stage charger. BB says the batts can handle 15 amps charge rate. I think I understand that the 5 amp rate will result in longer batt life (drawdown % being equal), but there will be times when I will want a quicker "fill up." So, I am looking for a 60V 3 stage charger in the 10 to 15 amp range. Any leads? Thanks!
For it is good to give a nice C/3 to C/5 rate and for flooded batteries like Trojans in CA recommend C/3 and 240/3 is 80 amperes for my truck and that lasted for many years so a really good regulated charger should do the same for the Greensaver Gel Cell battery pack. BTW I also have a diode blocking for remote charging using two of the Yellow TNC chargers to get my scooter charged faster. Chargers must be well tuned to cut off at 68.9 to 69.2 volts on them. Turn off is within a few minutes of each other.
Battery Charger HWC1B Series 60V/12A Charger (must specify input voltage) Our Price: $229.95, Sale Price: $195.00
You Save $34.95!
Rusty

KB1UKU

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage