Who Killed the Electric Car? Essential documentary explaining what happened the last time electric cars were killed

Schwinn 750 throttle is 2-wire

1 reply [Last post]

My nephew has a Schwinn 750 he wants me to fix. The throttle is a 2-wire hall effect with three LED speed range lights.
I can't seem to find one just like it to replace it. I suspect that a three wire one would work by not using one of the wires
and we really don't need the low-med-hi lights. Is anyone familiar with this 2-wire setup used on some 750's?? It's a 36 volt scooter with a Currie controller.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
e-doggies's picture
Re: Schwinn 750 throttle is 2-wire

I have a 2006 S750 (36V) and it has a 6-pin connector from controller to throttle. Half-twist hall-effect throttle and three LED's. I have five Schwinn scooters and they are all similar. Never heard of a 2 wire throttle on one of these before. Could you post a close-up pic of the connections between your controller and throttle? We can make a 3-wire throttle work, I think. Just need to find the right ones on the controller. You will need a DigitalMultiMeter or voltmeter that will measure 0-5volts.

You are replacing the throttle because you KNOW it's bad?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Short URL

Customize This