Vectrix "chopper"

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spaceangel
Vectrix "chopper"

For whatever reasons there are,choppers seemed to appear in Calif. i.e. "Easy Rider" and other movies. I just bought a back half of a wrecked VX-1 and the only bike I have to play with is a CB-450 with a blown engine I was going to make ELECTRIC anyways. A VIN plate was on the front frame but got polished off and there is NO other VIN on the frame except for an engine VIN number which
is gone now and is now a 3 HP brushed series wound motor instead. On the aluminum frame of the VX-1 there is a VIN and I plan on now powering the Honda via the Vectrix power plant. The VIN is on swing arm and motor mount. I have a lot of calculating to do to mount the two bikes together and assemble it.
My main thought is I will have a "salvage" title for the wrecked VX-1. What will the new title say?
I have seen a lot of Replicars on VW chassis but it is licensed as a VW even though it looks like a 34 Ford or Rolls Royce or whatever the body is, it still is a Volkswagen. My bike will look like a Honda CB-450 with a tiny rear wheel and motor. So is it an EV Honda or a Heavy VX-1? The motor spins on 208 Volt three phase so I might use a real long extension cord? LOL
Rusty

procrastination inc
procrastination inc's picture
Re: Vectrix "chopper"

Heh heh :)

I reckon it'd be considered a modified vectrix.

are you using the factory instruments, charger and controller? Packaging all that in a chopper'esque style will be mighty tricky.

Losing the vectrix body work will free up your choice of cells. Check out sky energy 60AH cells. Antiscab has sourced some with the right dimensions to sit side by side in the vectrix battery box

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage