My Vectrix got serviced today

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
kingcharles
kingcharles's picture
My Vectrix got serviced today

Hi,

Today the guys from Escini came over to Utrecht to do some routine checks and maintenance on the software part of the bike.
What they noticed were two things:

1. The throttle needed calibration. They fixed that by adjusting the throttle handle to meet the recommended spec (621/622?)
  2. The battery pack showed a capacity of 25 Ah. Apparently due to the cold weather riding you loose some capacity in the winter. They have send the force 30Ah command to the system and I will need to do a full discharge to invoke it. It also requires the delayed charging to be set to 00:00 before plugging in. Probably a software thing because they also needed to reload all the different components with firmware (same versions so just refresh)

The bike was charging (75% full when they arrived) and the battery temperature was between 11C and 16C with an average of 13C across the cells (ambient was 9C). This was good according to the escini guys. The rear pack was the one with the 16C readings so that may always be the warmer pack?
I also learned why the needle goes (should go) to 41 when you check the temperature with the left brake: it shows the throttle position, the needle moves when you open or regen the throttle handle and full regen should be about 5 and full throttle 115.
Other than that no issues and they commented that my bike was in great shape. Lets hope it stays that way :-)

I noticed the fuel cell option in their service software screen and asked about it. Apparently Vectrix has it fully developed (Methanol fuel cell that goes under the buddy seat and delivers 500W) but never made it to production. Probably with the new battery technology it makes sense to focus on that rather than fuel cells.

Of course I asked what they knew about lithium and they were very political and explained that there are indeed plans to introduce lithium but that there is no known date as yet. (apparently it gets pushed out by a quarter each quarter...)

I also asked about the firmware option to increase the top speed but they have not received that yet. It seems it is as simple as setting a parameter so I think it might not be a full firmware reload.

They also mentioned that they have the three wheeled version in their showroom but were unclear when that would go in production. Benelux would be a good region for that though with its horrible traffic jams.

They sold about 40 VX1 bikes over the last 2 years here in this tiny Benelux region so I hope to spot another VX-1 in the "wild" soon. Escini is ramping up now that the New Vectrix organisation is coming together again. I have a feeling that things are slowly picking up again. Fingers crossed

Cheers

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
Re: My Vectrix got serviced today

:-)

Mik
Mik's picture

The bike was charging (75% full when they arrived) and the battery temperature was between 11C and 16C with an average of 13C across the cells (ambient was 9C). This was good according to the escini guys. The rear pack was the one with the 16C readings so that may always be the warmer pack?...

I think the rear pack is better insulated from the outside temperatures. It can be colder or warmer than the front pack, particularly the top layer of the front pack, depending on the weather (and if it is used or parked in the sun).

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Spaceangel

Dave

Got the same answer as you got on your phone call to Vectrix. The area code 508 is south shore Metro Boston. I called Cambridge and they said they are not doing Vectrix. And where I bought my scooter in KY,well they said unless they get service they are not going to renew contract. I would hazard to guess there is nothing wrong with my scoot but would like a honest opinion from a trained technician. Do the people in EU get better service than the USA? (KINGCHARLES)
Did you leave your name and number anyways?

KB1UKU

marylandbob
Re: My Vectrix got serviced today-(VECTRIX USA Contact)

The recording stated "we are closed"--maybe they closed early?--I did sucessfully contact them via that number, 508-717-6510 yesterday morning, 6 May, 2010--they ARE around, and attempting to provide service and parts! Try earlier in the day, on Monday or Tuesday--leave a call-back number, if you do not get them directly, I think they are understaffed.--Bob Curry

Robert M. Curry

R
R's picture

Do the people in EU get better service than the USA? (KINGCHARLES)

In spain the vectrix are serviced by goingreen. After 3 years of owning my vectrix, I must admit the customer care offered by the dealer has been superb, also during V's bankrupt process.
kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

1. The throttle needed calibration. They fixed that by adjusting the throttle handle to meet the recommended spec (621/622?)

2. The battery pack showed a capacity of 25 Ah. Apparently due to the cold weather riding you loose some capacity in the winter. They have send the force 30Ah command to the system and I will need to do a full discharge to invoke it.

Well I am one happy Vectrix owner as my range has really improved (at least 3 bars!) on my daily commute and my throttle now always does reverse when needed where in the past it sometimes would not engage reverse on standstill.

Best thing: I no longer have to drive extra conservative with strong headwinds on my daily commute :-)

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage