Salisbury, England has TWO Vectrixes!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
HubCap
Salisbury, England has TWO Vectrixes!

My jaw hit the flaw the other day when I spotted another Vectrix in Salisbury, just down the road from where I live. It's a silver one with Chrome mirrors. Anyone here the owner? I'd love to get in touch.

R
R's picture
Re: Salisbury, England has TWO Vectrixes!

I thought I was alone in Barcelona... but when I started making contacts with dealers and owners, I realised that In the metropoli there are around 40 Vectrix.. Astonishing!! Sure there are more than 2 vectrix in your city...

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I'm afraid I'm still all alone in the whole country of mine :-(

No dealer here, but I'll never regret importing it :-)

israndy
israndy's picture
Re: Northern California has Two Vectrices

I have seen another that looks just like mine (sliver), and I know the guy here that writes for the Examiner must have one (I assume you need one to join the site.) Perhaps they are the same person. But I am surprised that there are not more in eco-friendly San Francisco. I guess it's more eco- aware to be on a bicycle.

-Randy

goeco
goeco's picture

Ireland has one !!!!! Mine
I am a new member & just spent the last 3 hours getting to grips with this class website. I love my vectrix & work 15 miles from home so I have to be carefull. No one has guessed yet that the bike is electric so I have a bikers jacket now with Electric bike rider on the back & my website in case they get interested in finding out more about this superb machine. The old boys in my village are baffled all together, we still have the odd horse & cart after all around the place so you cant blame them I suppose. I work for the 3 biggest local authority in the Country & they have refused me permission to charge the bike whilst at work & it hit the national papers here,news of the world, daily star etc & is now in the hands of the environment minister John Gormley if anyone wants to give me a bit of support....I will keep a keen eye on the site from now on & keep you all upto speed on the scandal mentioned.

R
R's picture

wellcome!
And congrats for the purchase!
Is your bike a 2010 unit?

Mik
Mik's picture

... I work for the 3 biggest local authority in the Country & they have refused me permission to charge the bike whilst at work & it hit the national papers here,news of the world, daily star etc & is now in the hands of the environment minister John Gormley if anyone wants to give me a bit of support....

Check out this thread for some lobbying ideas: http://visforvoltage.org/forum/2911-arguments-electric-vehicle-recharging-stations

The evidence is overwhelming!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Congratulations! I love my Vectrix and I'm sure you'll love it too.

I'm also an only owner of Vectrix in my country. If you need any support, this forum is the place to get it :-)

We help each other as much as we can.

As I understand, Ireland has government subsidies for Electric Vehicles. I know that because Nissan Leaf will launch at the end of this year in EU countries, which offer government subsidies for EVs. If you take this fact and use is as an argument... :-)

goeco
goeco's picture

Thanks for the welcome R. it a late 2008 model you can see it in action on my website www.goeco.ie I cant keep off the thing at the moment I only wish I could get these dianasours of employers of mine to embrace electric transport instead of saying they support it in public then doing the opposite so I could charge in the City. Being 15 miles away it limits me to in & out which is a pain especially because I work nights as a fireman in the City & that's when I could charge it giving me full range again the next day. I will scan a few of the national press articles & let a few of you guys see the issues raised & maybe I can take my next few steps in this saga with support.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage