GIO Bike charger controller question.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mieko1970
GIO Bike charger controller question.

Hello everybody,

I just bought a GIO bike for my wife for her work commute and i had a question to ask. Since replacement batteries cost a ridiculous amount of money i bought a 12 volt car battery (680 Amp Hours) to use with a 400 W Power Inverter i had kicking around to use as a portable charging unit
so we could go on extended day long trips out. My question is, Would it be possible to actually charge the battery while the bike is in use rather than it being stationary and charging it at the end of the first leg of any trip. I haven't tried it yet hence the reason i'm asking here.

Thanks for any assistance.

davew
davew's picture
Re: GIO Bike charger controller question.

If you are willing to haul around another battery, it would be much more efficient just to use it to increase your range directly. Are you having trouble matching the specs of the original GIO battery?

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

mieko1970
Re: GIO Bike charger controller question.

Hello. The bike i have is this one http://en.luyuan.cn/product/pb710.asp which is rebranded under the GIO name. I actually got a little hope when i came across replacement batteries (supposedly)on a giobike site for a reasonable price but when i actually looked at the battery installed on mine it's nothing like just a brick but this huge H shaped thing made specifically for the bike.
I think as long as i can charge it directly while it's running on the bike then it will probably do the trick. I've been looking around on the site and it seems to be a regular option to charge a bike while using it.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage