Alarms, anti theft, and recovery devices

1 reply [Last post]
Spaceangel

Well, I guess it was my 30 seconds this time. Every 30 seconds a vehicle is stolen and one of my many scooters was plucked off of my truck. Other than a steel cable how one secure it to a vehicle. Do brake caliper locks work? Is there GPS for bikes. Most transceivers need a 12 volt battery like on a H-D or a Honda or something that uses a starter battery. I just spent the spring putting a dual charger on the XM-3100 so I can go another round before noon.
What is the best way to keep a Vectrix, EVT, CuMoCo, and other electric bikes safe? Can a Xena disk lock be cut with a plasma cutter? Or do you just buy a new disk? How can you prevent a theft of a scooter? right now I keep the VX-1 in my Living room or garage during the spring and summer. During the day it still is outside where every one knows it is a maxi scooter. I just never thought it would happen to me. Being it is metric stuff on a bike I guess I should use a 9mm with 150 grain?

jeGra Project
http://home.comcast.net/~russell239/
Rusty

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
ninelime
Re: Alarms, anti theft, and recovery devices

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Revenge of the Electric Car The electric car is not only back from the dead, it's inevitable
Customize This