Schwinn S-350 upgrades

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
scooterNoob13
Schwinn S-350 upgrades

Hey everyone, I'm new here and was looking to soak up some knowledge. I just picked up a used stock Schwinn S-350 scooter, and was wondering if anyone could give me their insight on the best method to give me a little boost in both speed and range. Running a 350 Watt/24V motor, 2 x 12V 10AH SLA batts in series. I was thinking of stepping up to a 500W motor, should I also step up the system to 36 or 48 V with higher AH ratings? I realize I will need (or should get) a 36 or 48V controller, but would I also need to rewire the system with a lower gauge wire for the increased amperage? I also want some thoughts on the band brake configuration that comes stock with the S-350, I thought about maybe replacing it with a caliper and rotor-type setup. Thanks everyone for your time.

scooterNoob13
Re: Schwinn S-350 upgrades

Alright ppl, I been lurkin around on my own tryin to figure out some cost efficient ways to boost my Schwinn S-350's performance a bit. I have performed a simple shunt mod, adding a solder bridge across about half of my controller's shunt. This seems to give me much more hill-climbing ability, but not much in the speed boost department. I'm considering wiring the so-called "turbo" button, using a pushbutton switch to activate a high-current relay to power the motor with the battery directly, bypassing the controller. I just need a little more information, such as what current rating should I be looking for on my relay, with my 24V/10AH 350W setup? In other words, what is the MAX current my 350W/24V motor will draw, it's rated current is 22A, but I'm sure it will draw more than that. Is it as simple as the max voltage divided by the motor resistance (~27V/.3Ohms=90A) ?? Should I just put my own shunt in series with the relay to limit the current to some max level, or will that counteract the effectiveness of the bypass? Also, should I simply be able to physically 'jump' across the controller with the relay and rely on the ground to be supplied back through the controller? Thanks if anybody is out there.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage