right hand turn signal failure

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
procrastination inc
procrastination inc's picture
right hand turn signal failure

Went for a quick ride this afternoon and noticed that the RH turn indicator on the dash was not flashing. LH flashed as normal. I got home , selected the Right Turn indicator, dash light on solid, neither front or rear flashing.

shut down, restart... same

Any ides?

Wildfire
Re: right hand turn signal failure

As odd as it sounds, I wonder if your LED turn signal "bulb" has "burned out".. Having never taken the front end of the bike apart (or the a$$ end, for that matter), I wonder if this is even a serviceable part. If it is, perhaps there'd even exist an off-the-shelf replacement at places such as ledtronics.com.

Considering the usual long life of LEDs, I'd recommend testing the lamp, if you can, off of the bike to make sure it is none of the associated wiring and/or control circuitry that has gone haywire.

R
R's picture

In my opinion the problem may be in the switch, or a switch's broken wire. The system does not receive the order to turn on the led indicators.

procrastination inc

R, I don't thinks so. The instrument cluster turn indicator light comes on. That wouldn't happen if there was no switch signal.

I suspect a FET on the instrument cluster board. But that is a little deep to dig right now. I haven't started my conversion yet. The bike is stock. I'll chat with the guys from Vectrix Aus to see if they can help

procrastination inc

After 2 top up charges, the RH indicator works again

freaky little bike

tom5007

Went for a quick ride this afternoon and noticed that the RH turn indicator on the dash was not flashing. LH flashed as normal. I got home , selected the Right Turn indicator, dash light on solid, neither front or rear flashing.

Any ides?

I recommend avoiding right turns and to encourage left turns instead. This would ease the stress on the system :-)

As the dashboard indicator went on and BOTH of the Left indicators didnt it sound to me like that either the FET or the first part of wiring (before it seperates to back and fron LH indicators is faulty. As it was a temporary thing only it might have been a clitch in the software or wiring. I dont think the FET itself would come of and on just like this.

antiscab

Any ides?

the dash light and actual indicator lights are on very different circuits (its why they flash out of sync and at different frequencies)

the always on dash light is probably a warning signal that the actual lights aren't working.
so either the computer that runs the light drivers isn't responding, or it is responding with failed drivers.

given it later worked, its probable the light driver computer crashed.

do tell us if it happens again.
that would suggest a dodgy connection....

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Mik
Mik's picture

Noteworthy is that there was no warning displayed on the controls indicating that the rear light/brake light was malfunctioning; but disconnecting the number plate illumination connector causes the "position lamp telltale" to blink, and disconnecting the indicator lights causes the indicator telltales to illuminate constantly instead of blinking.

I knew I wrote about that some time back - never know when you need the info!

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/2547-vectrix-reports#comment-12382

So chances are that the cable to one of your indicators on the right is wobbly!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage