How do you disconnect the stock charger?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mik
Mik's picture
How do you disconnect the stock charger?

There have been several posts mentioning that the Vectrix VX-1 runs even when the stock charger is disconnected.

The "fuel gauge" functions as a volt-meter under these conditions and might be more accurate and useful for experienced riders than the stock fuel gauge.

Which connectors need to be undone to achieve this without removing the charger, just to try it out?

What do you think the risks are? Is it going to break something?

Can the charger charge the battery when disconnected like that? The risk of over-charging, battery destruction and fire might be high if you do this (if it even works).

Could anyone explain how to do this and maybe throw in a picture to make it clearer?

Thanks in advance!

Spaceangel
Re: How do you disconnect the stock charger?

VX-1 charger is rather heavy. At least for being a switched mode charger. It should run with out being connected but I was going to do that but what is that 1" by about 2" massive connector? is that something like battery management plug? After I get some one to lower my speed in MA USA, I will swap out charger and do some tests on cooling and heating of stock charger. I plan on seeing how light I can make the bike to increase range. Also I plan on installing an SB-50 GRAY to power tools around here like lawn mower and circular saws. It would double as a way to charge bike via constant current charger off board too.
I would presume that there is some sort of algorithm for fuel gage like a lot of current for a short time vs slow current for a long time? Like a Cruising Equipment E-meter.
The charger has power in on USA model using red and blue wires pin 1 and pin 2.
The other power connector is to battery box.
Do you use brown wires on power input? That is Pin 4.
I suppose just try it out and I guess, so it be only a guess bike will still compute range on VX-1 by amount of charge in battery pack.
Rus

KB1UKU

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage