WAYS OF IMPROVING TOP SPEED/PERFORMANCE OF A 2008 EMAX 110S?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
totoEMAX
WAYS OF IMPROVING TOP SPEED/PERFORMANCE OF A 2008 EMAX 110S?

Hi everyone!
I have just come across this awesome forum- so much useful info on here. I have just bought a 2008 emax 110S: it seems like a great little machine; only thing is it is a little too slow! As Im sure some of you have experienced; it makes it a little dangerous- as people in cars tend to get a little annoyed and dangerously overtake. So, with this in mind- is it possible to cheaply and quickly increase the MPH of this little green machine? I have noticed that there are lots of other electric mopeds with much less powerful motors that are kicking out 40-45 mph: which would be absolutely fine for me. I am assuming from this that there is a restrictor on my moped? Could someone pls explain how to remove this- where the controller is on my moped- and any problems/disadvantages (if there are any!) to doing this.
Also, are there any other cheap and cheerful (ish!) ways of improving performance/top speed.

Thanks everyone and Happy Scooting!!!
Toto

athlon
Re: WAYS OF IMPROVING TOP SPEED/PERFORMANCE OF A 2008 EMAX 110S?

Ask your dealer if can update the firmware with a unlocked one

If he keeps the Ampere limit this will not damage the battery or the controller , it just allow higher speed

If you also ask to unlock the ampere the scooter will be quicker but you can burn something , don't do it if you don't know what are you doing

antiscab
Re: WAYS OF IMPROVING TOP SPEED/PERFORMANCE OF A 2008 EMAX 110S?

Ask your dealer if can update the firmware with a unlocked one

If he keeps the Ampere limit this will not damage the battery or the controller , it just allow higher speed

If you also ask to unlock the ampere the scooter will be quicker but you can burn something , don't do it if you don't know what are you doing

If you are increasing the top speed,
replace the fuse with a 80A fuse.

the original 40A (or 50A depending on production date) will blow as continuous current at 60kmh is ~45A.

The wiring and controller will do 80A continuous without harm.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage