New Vectric

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Green Wheels
New Vectric

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find info on the new Vetrix, is it really coming out in asociation with Vmoto/E max, I can't find any usefull articles on it.

leanm
leanm's picture
Re: New Vectric

I don't know any details but in a coversation with the UK EMax importer I was told that EMax are now producing what was promoted as the VX2 for Vectrix to sell in the USA.

LeanMachines

R
R's picture

The emax was purchased by a chinese brand. With that money, the founder of Emax build another brand called Govecs http://www.govecs.com/. The govecs seem a retooled e-max, with some improvements.

Charlie91

Govecs is a new developed company. There is no relationship between E-Max and GOVECS!!!

R
R's picture

There is no relationship between E-Max and GOVECS!!!

Yes, there is no commercial relationship. But as I said, the founder (and builder) of emax sold the emax brand to the chinese, and with that money started govecs. And.. If you are the designer of e-max.. why don't use some of your knowledge to build up a new bike? In my opinion, the frame, the shape, and some components are from the emax...
Green Wheels

thank you for the info, altought, I believed that Vmoto NZ had a majoe stake in E max and they were going to build a vectrix VX2 for the US market, no details on range,battery type,BMS,etc

I just started a rentals and tour company in the Caribbean with the Zero DS and would like to ad another vehicle that can sit two persons,I was wondering if a few used or new Vectrix would work as a product here, my worries is the autonomy and being able to top up the battery several time a day considering also the very hot and sometime humid climate, I am not sure how the Vectrix would be able to function in these conditions.
any input is welcome,I alos looking at the quad Scartt that should be release this year...the minimum autonomy has to be at least 40 miles range and a full charge in less that 4 hours!

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture

...the minimum autonomy has to be at least 40 miles range and a full charge in less that 4 hours!

Hi, maybe this bike could be the right one. Only problem I have no idea if it is available in your area or can be shipped there.
e-sprit fury 100

I didn´t testride it yet, but speed is the same as the vectrix, range seems to better because of lithium batteries,
and it charges fast enough. I think it is smaler than the Vectrix VX1. And no I´m no dealer, just an EV-enthusiast.

Greetings Mike

Green Wheels

thanks mike,

looks very similar to the e5 http://www.emotivelondon.co.uk/index/efiveseries but I think the charger is not on board and that is a must to be able to rent it to customers for the day,thank you for the info

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture

t... but I think the charger is not on board and that is a must to be able to rent it to customers for the day,thank you for the info

Hi, i had a second look on the website.
(10 Ah Schnellladegerät ("Neu jetzt im Elektroroller integriert" -> means charger is includet in the scooter).

Greetings Mike

R
R's picture

the minimum autonomy has to be at least 40 miles range and a full charge in less that 4 hours!

I have a friend in formentera who is testing vectrix for fleet purposes. With the special firmware that limits the bike to 80 km/h, and limits acceleration, he achieves 80-90 km of range on a new NIMH bike (well, it is a flat island, 20 km long). Recharge is pretty fast, only 3h. The only limiting factor is that the battery does not have BMS: the battery's lack of durability is a serious issue that is still unsolved. In the Nimh version the ventilation is not good, not recomended in hot weather.
The lithium version is said to come sometime soon, it should solve range, heat, and durability problems: it would be a good idea to ask directly to vectrix uSA.
antiscab

that bike looks suspiciously like the thunder 5000W model I have been testing from Mountain Chen.

decent bike, when it has a good controller (400A or more).

top speed is 95kmh, range at that speed is limited by the motor temperature more than battery capacity.

range is better than the Vectrix *if* you have the 24 x 60Ah cells.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Green Wheels

thanks R,

battery on the vectrix is what kept me away from it, especialy for the caribbean,I don't think the vectrix Nimh would be able to handle it year round under customers abuse.As far as the lithium version it has been coming soon for a little while now,I was waiting for the E max 120 L...2 years later still not there...

keep us posted on your friend progress

R
R's picture

keep us posted on your friend progress

Send me a PM and i'll give you his address. He tested other motorbikes and cars. He has a fleet of 30 electric vehicles (hey.. including electric bicycles).
MAbike

Check out www.plugindrivetech.com for the other bike- Meets the criteria
including on board charger

dcs01

Anyone heard anything from Vectrix USA? They seem to have fallen off the planet.
No phone calls or e-mails returned to customers or former Dealers.
Website is still up with contact info. But no responses. ????????????

MAbike

MAtt- Where are you located?

MAbike

They are only concentrating on fleet business.. And busy starting up production.. At what cost??

dcs01
Re: New Vectrix

I'm in Southern California, Ventura County.

Have they decided not to provide maintenance to existing owners?

I spoke to one of their best (former) dealers on the West Coast yesterday who still has one VX1 on the showroom floor and 5 more in crates.

He can't get any response from Vectrix USA, although they did send him a check recently for warranty repairs done a while ago.

rewski

Contact Dana Dacosta. He is the new lead for Vectrix repair. He has already helped out many on this discussion board. His email is: ddecosta at vectrix dot com

Adam

Adam - Denver, CO
2007 Vectrix VX-1 charged with the power of the sun = zero carbon footprint

dcs01

I have e-mailed Dana several times in the past 3 weeks...no response.

Anyone else had luck reaching him recently?

I have e-mailed and phoned Vectrix USA several times also...no response.

israndy
israndy's picture

Just got an email from Dana after 3 weeks of silence too, so he's still alive.

-Randy

dcs01

I recently heard back from him. He's in Southern California this week and coming over to my house tonight to upgrade my 2 VX1's.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage