X-mas Wish (The Perfect Scooter)

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tennore
X-mas Wish (The Perfect Scooter)

Im going to call this the 5 X 5 dream challenge.

Scooter can sustain at least fifty mph over flat level terrain.

Scooter can go at least fifty miles on a single charge.

Scooter can comepletly recharge in under five hours.

Scooter load limit (bike, batteries, rider(s), etc...) of at least 500 lbs.

Scooter retail price of under $5000.00 U.S. dollars.

Can anybody make my wish come true? Santa?

marylandbob
Re: X-mas Wish (The Perfect Scooter)-It EXISTS!(Almo$t)

I visited the VECTRIX factory, (now here in the USA) a few weeks ago, and it seems that the NEW, LITHIUM PO?WERED Vectrix will meet all your desires, EXCEPT price!---It is to be able to maintain/exceed 50mph even uphill, with a 200 pound rider, top out near 70 mph, and have a 50mph range of 50 miles or GREATER! Such performance is being tested/evaluated NOW, and YES, I saw and touched the batteries involved, they do exist, and are made by GOLD PEAK.--Bob Curry-Maryland, USA

Robert M. Curry

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: X-mas Wish (The Perfect Scooter)

The VX-1 can do this, too!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

marylandbob

Terrain around here, (Washington, D.C./Maryland/Virginia USA) is seldom FLAT for very far! Realistic range, using a present VX-1, with perfectly good, fully charged batteries, is around 25-30 miles maximum, at 50 mph speed. I try to arrange for charging, if my trip exceeds 15 miles each way!--Traveling at 30 to 40 mph, 40 to 50 miles might be possible,but that is too slow for many area roadways.-Bob

Robert M. Curry

Mik
Mik's picture

Terrain around here, (Washington, D.C./Maryland/Virginia USA) is seldom FLAT for very far! Realistic range, using a present VX-1, with perfectly good, fully charged batteries, is around 25-30 miles maximum, at 50 mph speed. I try to arrange for charging, if my trip exceeds 15 miles each way!--Traveling at 30 to 40 mph, 40 to 50 miles might be possible,but that is too slow for many area roadways.-Bob

Of course!

But tennore did not specify much...

The VX-1 can do either one of the conditions asked for - but not all at once!

A common misunderstanding and reason for much disappointment when typical misleading EV ads are interpreted by newcomers to the field!

marylandbob

My point was that the "New & Improved" Vectrix, with its 60 AH lithium "fuel tank" could SIMULTANEOUSLY, go 50 mph, travel 50 miles, even over HILLY terrain, all while carrying a 200 pound rider, and be recharged in about 5 hours from a normal household outlet! Such actual, usable, "real-world" performance would be great! (They might advertise "100 mile range"-but that, of course, would probably be at 25-30mph, on a level course, with a 125pound rider, and no wind!)--not realistic, in my book!--Bob

Robert M. Curry

Mik
Mik's picture

And, it's going to be a lot more expensive than US$5000.- !

But you can get the VX-1 for that price sometimes!

Tennore

Thanks for the great dialogue guys! (the point of a forum isn't it?)
The vectrix does seem to be a good possibility, but OUCH! the price!!!
I did a lot of research before buying my admittedly low end Chinese bike (Ecruizer, Streetcruiser 2000).
The deciding factors were price (I'd rather make a $2000 mistake than a $9000 mistake), and the location of the dealer to my house (I assumed there would be problems {correct}, and they would be easier to deal with locally {also correct}). I am actually fairly satisfied with the company's attempts to keep me happy. The reality is a cheap Chinese bike, is a cheap Chinese bike! Now that I have been riding (or not riding), for almost a year, and doing a lot more research (including reading almost every entry here), I am convinced the technology is sound and readily available. I have actually priced out all of the componants I feel would be needed to build such a scooter, arriving at a total of less than $2400.00 (and that is at retail for individual parts, not wholesale, bulk transactions)so there is an extremely attractive profit margin (100%+) available for even a custom build, let alone a production model. There doesn't even seem to be any significant patent issues either.

Perhaps a manufacturer will read this and realize that a mid-price market niche is waiting to be filled!

Dare to Dream!

robert93
robert93's picture

Ecruizer? may as well build your own parts!! Thats what I am having to do with my 500 watt Commuter from them!!!

MikeB

The Current Motor Company bikes are going to be closer to your dream specs than the Vectrix, especially on price.

The C124 (also known as the Standard) is listed at a top speed of 55mph, range 45 miles, a 4.6kWh battery should recharge in a little less than 5 hours, and it's priced at $6,500 before any tax rebates.
http://www.currentmotor.com/motorcycles/standard/
You can spend a little more and get more batteries, or spend a little less and get fewer (or smaller). Performance is tied to the size of the battery pack, of course.

The big advantage of the Current Motor Company bikes is the per-cell Battery Management System as well as a programmable Bike Control Unit to watch for problems such as overheating components.

I'm still beta-testing the high end bike, the C130, and waiting for a controller upgrade for better acceleration. But I think the overall design is good, and provides good value for the money. Full production should be starting soon, you might want to sign up for one.

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage