Should I try to get a Vectrix Service Manual?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
MitchJi
Should I try to get a Vectrix Service Manual?

Hi,

While shopping for a Vectrix (still waiting for warranty confirmation to make a purchase) I talked to four or five dealers that stopped selling Vectrix Scooters. I think if I called all of them and offered to purchase a Service Manual at least one of them might be willing to sell us a copy.

Since I currently don't have a need (I think the odds are currently about 80% that it will work out) I'd need to get reimbursed for most of the cost. So if everyone who chips in gets a copy how much should we offer (what are you willing to pay)?

I'm not sure whether we'd get a pdf (which would be cheaper and easier for distributing copies) or a printed copy. If its a printed copy I'd hope someone with a good scanner could make a pdf for distribution.

Thanks!

Mitch

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture
Re: Should I try to get a Vectrix Service Manual?

Hi MitchJi,
I´ve seen it at a dealer in printed form. 600 pages single printed/ 300 doubleside printet. So PDF is the only option I think.
By the way it´s a little bit tricky to share because it is still illegal and this is an open forum...

Greetings Mike

antiscab

I have a copy of it.

Send me a PM if you would like a copy of it, since it can't be ought anywhere.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

DesGilmore
DesGilmore's picture

HI Where did you get the Vectrix Service manual from?
Would love to try to get one also! Have just purchased Vectrix
(2007 virtually unused) & have no support here in N Ireland. Have
done about 400 miles on it (total 690 miles)

DesG

antiscab

When you send me a private message, I receive an email from visforvoltage with your real email address.
I can use that to forward on a copy of the service manual.

I can't attach the manual to a private message though :(

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Charlie91

Northern Ireland is carried by MCC Controls... I guess.. Try them...
http://www.mcc-controls.com/web/our-products/vectrix-electric-maxi-scooter-vx-1/

DesGilmore
DesGilmore's picture

Hi

OK Matt Thanks. Logged in at home now. If you have a copy of Vectrix Service Manual can you send it?
Out of curiosity where are you? Im in Belfast N Ireland
DesG

DesG

DesGilmore
DesGilmore's picture

OK Thanks I will contact them asap.

DesG

MCC Controls
MCC Controls's picture

Hi, this is Joe in MCC Controls, Dublin. Thank you for referring Des to us.

Joe McCarthy, MCC Energy, Dublin, IRELAND

R
R's picture

Hi, this is Joe in MCC Controls, Dublin. Thank you for referring Des to us.

Wellcome to the forum, MCC!
It's a great honor to have a vectrix dealer inside the forum.
Batandball
Re: Hi Des

Hi Des

I'm new on the forum and would like to buy a Vetrix for my 20 mile round trip commute to work in Belfast. Any advice or pointers in the direction of any other owners around Belfast would be very welcome. Thanks. Paul.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, there's a Vectrix rider in Belfast. Look here:
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/9530-where-everyone-located?page=1#comment-54076

DesGilmore
DesGilmore's picture

HI Batandball,
I got my Vectrix from York in England at end of Jun. Its a late '07 model but had only 350 miles on the clock
so wasn't used much. So far I'm very pleased with it & have had no probs. It's a delight to ride, once you
get used to the silence & lack of vibration. I've had quite a few other bikes but nothing like this. Monitoring
the electric usage it's working at about 1p per mile (yes 1p!)
I don't yet know of any other owners in NI as yet but I did see one over at Shaw's Bridge last summer, but
didn't see the owner. It was UK reg. I;m going to check reg with DVLNI to see if there are anythere in NI.

I'm told by MCC of Dublin www.mcc-controls.com who now are the distributor/service for Ireland that a Belfast company will
be starting up shortly for Vectrix , Park Electrical of Dargan Rd.

Any how & where are you, both physically and in respect to your Vectrix purchase.
I'm in Four Winds area of Belfast.

DesG

DesGilmore
DesGilmore's picture

HI Batandball,
I got my Vectrix from York in England at end of Jun. Its a late '07 model but had only 350 miles on the clock
so wasn't used much. So far I'm very pleased with it & have had no probs. It's a delight to ride, once you
get used to the silence & lack of vibration. I've had quite a few other bikes but nothing like this. Monitoring
the electric usage it's working at about 1p per mile (yes 1p!)
I don't yet know of any other owners in NI as yet but I did see one over at Shaw's Bridge last summer, but
didn't see the owner. It was UK reg. I;m going to check reg with DVLNI to see if there are anythere in NI.

I'm told by MCC of Dublin www.mcc-controls.com who now are the distributor/service for Ireland that a Belfast company will
be starting up shortly for Vectrix , Park Electrical of Dargan Rd.

Any how & where are you, both physically and in respect to your Vectrix purchase.
I'm in Four Winds area of Belfast.

DesG

MCC Controls
MCC Controls's picture

Hi Paul,

I too am quite new to the forum. I'm very impressed with the Vectrix owner comradeship and with the quality of the information shared.

As you may know now, we are the distributor in Ireland and Northern Ireland for Vectrix. If you are still interested in purchasing the Vectrix or need any information, please use www.mcc-controls.com to contact us.

There are now 3 Vectrix on the island, that I know of, my own, which I ride on a daily basis here in Dublin, Des in Belfast who you know about and a third one in Limerick which has an interesting history. It was a Formula 1 pit bike. It was purchased second hand from the Renault F1 team.

Regards / Joe

Batandball

Hi Des

Thanks for your reply;

It sounds as if you have had quite an adventure bringing your bike back from York and quite a leap of faith too, given the lack of support on the island of Ireland and the bankruptcy of the Vetricx corp itself!!
It's really good news to hear that MCC and Park have become distributors/ service agents, this is a great confidence boost for prospective purchasers like myself.

I live in just off the Jordanstown road in Newtownabbey and have been scouring the web gathering information, reviews and seeking bikes for sale. I too have been impressed by the support and information freely given by the members here on this site to new comers. I think this bodes well for the future! I really like the idea of not paying road tax and only 1p per mile for electricity!

I'll be contacting MCC/ park this week to see whats what. In the mean time if you have any contacts for bikes please let me know. I would love to get a look at your machine so if you fancy a coffee on me give me a shout.

Regards

Paul

Batandball

Hi Joe

like you, I am new to the Forum and also impressed by the support and information shared.

It is a real confidence boost to potential buyers that an established company, with electrical background, will be taking over the reigns regarding distribution, servicing and technical support.

I hope to become the 4th owner of Vectrix scooter in Ireland however do not have any idea how i would import a vehicle to Northern ireland. It would be relatively easy to source one from England however i always prefer to buy locally.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Regards

Paul McMillan

MCC Controls
MCC Controls's picture

Hi Paul,

I may not have made it clear but we are the importer and distributor for Vectrix in Northern Ireland. If you favour us with an order we will ship a brand new Vectrix to your door. It may not be correct protocol to sell through the forum so if you can contact me at +353 1 450 6 450 we can arrange a quotation.

Thanks and regards / Joe McCarthy

Batandball

Hi Joe

It's good to know that you can supply services and vehicles in Northern ireland too. Looking forward to your email.

Regards

Paul

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage