VX1 for sale

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bnzilla
VX1 for sale

I am selling my VX1 bought November of 07, has approximately 5000 miles. Always garaged/covered was daily driver until recent range issues (see my previous posts). Charges to 136 volts now with 140 volts seen on equalization charge. Range is now 13 to 17 miles per charge. Use it as is, use it as a test platform, for parts, whatever. Most reasonable, asking $1000.00 dollars US. Located on the Central California Coast USA. Pictures and additional information available on request. I'm just simplifying my life. Great bike, great price looks as new.. Contact me at bnzilla [at] sbcglobal.net if interested.
Thank you all for your generous support of this novel product over the years,
Jim Fick

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: VX1 for sale

I would put it on ebay, because $1000.- might be undervalued!

Alternatively you could part it out - but that is of course not exactly simplifying anything....

How is the gear box - noisy?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Bnzilla

Yes, I know it's undervalued and that's the point. I wish to give someone the opportunity to either fix their VX1 , introduce parts to the community, provide a test bed at a reasonable rate or just enjoy it until the new battery technology is ready. Money is not an issue, I know that this is a good deal (understatement) and that is how I wish to leave the Vectrix community by providing opportunity at a very reasonable cost. A gift back to the community that has given me such enjoyment over the years. You all have helped me so much and this is my way of saying thank you. The gear box is straight cut gears, it whines but no longer "growls" after replacing the rear tire and re-torquing the axle nut to proper specs. I believe the growling gearbox (felt when turning at low speed) may be the result of improper torque at the rear axle nut.
Jim Fick

Mik
Mik's picture

That's very nice of you!

I wonder how much shipping across the big pond would cost. Any ideas, anyone? USA to Australia?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

MitchJi

Hi,

Email sent. Fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Mitch

Best Wishes!

Mitch

dcs01

I am interested in your VX1 offer. I live in Thousand Oaks, CA.
contact me at dcs01 [at] attglobal.net

RaDy
RaDy's picture

Cool, that is leaving, with real style. Nice words.
Thanks to you also and luck.
RaDy

Bnzilla

Bike is sold. Thank you David. Thank you all for all the freely given information and support over the past three years. I will miss being part of this community; now I'm off to build kites.
Jim Fick

dcs01

Jim,
Many thanks to you and your wife for your hospitality and kindness. Tell your wife that was a very good cup of coffee.
It got me all the way home with the Vectrix happily looking at me in the rear view mirror as it rode home on the trailer.
I will see if I can get the battery issues sorted out.
I have a possible mechanic to work it and maybe even some battery cells from the dealer I bought my Vectrix from in S.F.
The dealer had a warranty battery pack and has given it to one of his customers who has become quite an expert on Vectrix maintenance.
Unfortunately the dealer is not doing Vectrix maintenance because they have no support from the factory.
In any case, rest assured your beautiful red Vectrix will get lots of loving care and attention...and riding.
I thank you for your generosity and I think the entire Vectrix community feels likewise.
All the Best,
David

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage