Do you know what this is?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
andy_hall_4
Do you know what this is?

Dear All,

Hello, I'm a newbie here so sorry if I ask something stupid!

I have a Swish SW02 electric moped (details are here: http://www.swishbikes.com/specifications.htm )

There is a strange device connected to the batteries and motor and I am unsure what it is. I have included a picture of it below.

CIMG0003.JPG

Do you know what it is and should it be there? Or is it a mod that someone has done at some stage to make the bike faster? The problem I have is that the red wire that is coming out of this thing has snapped off (Hence the gluegun) but I don't know what it is so I can't get a replacement. Do you recognise it at all? There are no markings what so ever!

Many thanks,

Andy

strawhistle
Re: Do you know what this is?

first a question ! Did this bike have reverse ?? that looks like a group of relays to switch polarity to the motor ! is the motor brushed or brush-less ?? what is all that black on the blue boxes ? do the individual blue boxes have any writing on them ?? back LaTeR

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

andy_hall_4

Hello,

The bike doesn't have reverse, just me pushing it! The motor is brushless. The black stuff looks like the same thing that everything is encapsulated in on the bottom i.e. some sort of resin to stop you messing with it! There is no writing anywhere whatsoever.

Thanks for looking,

Andy

robert93
robert93's picture

Equally interesting is there is only a positive lead coming from it, which doesnt make electrical sense unless mokunting hardware completes the circuit. Have you tried contacting the folks as Swishbikes to see what they knew, if anything? When you reattached the wire, did you solder it in place first? From the connector, exactly where does the rest of the wire go on the other side?... to battery pack, up under the seat?,,, to the handlebars?....

andy_hall_4

Hello,

There are three other wires which connect to this unit. There are two wires that connect to the batteries (One each to four batteries in series) and then I think the other goes to the motor. The red one shown seems to have been sliced into a random wire that I can only presume goes to the handlebars. This is a little bit random and looks 'homemade' so that is what leads me to believe that it shouldn't really be there!

I have sent a copy to Swishbikes but they have been extremely unhelpful in the past so I don't hold out much hope.

Many thanks for your help so far,

Andy

andy_hall_4

Oh, sorry! Yes I tried to solder the wire back into place before the gluegun. However because of the black coating I don't think that the wire is attached properly, it isn't really possible.

Cheers,

Andy

awilensky
awilensky's picture

It is a contactor, a power relay to control battery power to the driver electronics.

andy_hall_4

Dear Awilensky,

Hello and thank you for recognising it! I take it then that this should really be there? Do you know where I could find a replacement, Swishbikes are only an import company and don't seem to do after sales!

Many thanks,

ANdy

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage