Extremely detailed analysis of EV's and fuel alternatives

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Extremely detailed analysis of EV's and fuel alternatives
pchech
Re: Extremely detailed analysis of EV's and fuel alternatives

Wow talk about information!!! I think I spent the first hour of my work day sifting through all this stuff. Thanks for the link...can't wait for some of these vehicles to come to market. (and be affordable :)
Peter

kringle777
kringle777's picture

That was a really good article. I think everyone should read it. Really covers everything going on that we want to know about. Thanks for the post.

kringle777
Red XM-2000
Moss Green "Charger" ebike
Sacramento, CA

kringle777
Red XM-2000
Sacramento, CA

andrew
andrew's picture

I think the "sad" part about it is that the auto companies have abandoned the idea of BEVs. They did make an honest effort with the CARB mandate. The author did not mention the Ford EV Ranger, or the Toyota RAV4. Both of which were very good EVs, and way ahead of anything us hobbyists can build in our garages. The problem is that they did not sell well at all. To be fair, the auto companies have most likely lost much more money than they have earned from BEVs. This is probably why they will be reluctant to spend more money on BEV R&D.

I think too much blame is given to the auto makers. Fortunately, when these "small" EV auto companies start selling EVs and making a lot of money the auto companies will catch on and see that it is now becoming a viable businesses prospect. The batteries now available are a far cry from what the auto companies had to work with when developing BEVs for the CARB mandate. This will become clear soon, and I think mass BEV production from the major auto makers is not far off. Fortunately the batteries are almost here if not here already and this may be the theme of the article.

---
Avatar taken from http://www.electricmotorbike.org/
Anyone got one they want to sell?
My KZ750 Project: here

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

kringle777
kringle777's picture

My wife got so amped up when she saw that "Who Killed the Electric Car" that she commanded me to buy an all electric car when my Corolla goes bye bye. I'm more than happy to honor her request (I had hoped she would get mad after seeing that movie!).

So, I'm glad the battery manufacturers are having such rapid improvements after such a short time of development. That's great. Makes me wonder if what they would have come up with if gas had never come on the scene. 100 years of innovation, dang!

kringle777
Red XM-2000
Sacramento, CA

kringle777
Red XM-2000
Sacramento, CA

amp_head
amp_head's picture

Thanks for posting that!!!!!!!!!!
The Toyota interview dated August 10 2007 regarding the batteries just made my blood boil! I want to shack the dirty rotten son of a #$##%. How can he say that battery tech is still a few years off?? Hello dumb#$@ every heard of A123, Saft, Altairnano, Valence, Thndersky,
just to name a few!! Just makes me fuming mad!!!

Matt

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage