Vectrix Scooter Closer to US Sales

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
borgbike
borgbike's picture
Vectrix Scooter Closer to US Sales

Well, duh, but that's what the blurb says in the latest Scoot Magazine (#41, page 14) that came in the mail today. Thought I'd share.

Verbatum from Scoot:
" According to a news report on Forbes.com, the Vextrix company is progressing in its plans to sell scooters in the UK an dUS. "Vectrix said it has signed dealer contracts in the US for Seattle, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, South Florida and Austin. It also said it recently won a Rhode Island motorcycle dealer license and will now be able to sell directly across the US, and open the Newport, Rhode Island flagship store later this year." The company has taken over 1,200 orders for the US market. Plans are being made to install charging stations around the UK to enable Vectrix owners to easily charge away from home. www.vectrix.com"

borgbike
borgbike's picture
Re: Vectrix Scooter Closer to US Sales

I also got this announcement in my e-mail today offering TEST RIDES!!! It's three hours away in Seattle but I may drive up to be part of the fun.

THE REVOLUTION IN PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION HAS ARRIVED!

DON'T MISS THE ELECTRICITY!

Experience the innovative new Vectrix Zero-Emission Vehicle (ZEV), and be among the first in the U.S. to test ride the revolution in personal transportation.

You are invited to this special two-day West Coast introductory event, hosted by Vectrix and
The Green Car Company.

Date: Sat.-Sun., August 11-12, 2007
Time: Sat. 12-7 PM
Sun. 12-5 PM
Place: Totem Lake Mall
South Parking Lot
12500 Totem Lake Blvd. NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
RSVP: vectrixusa [at] baileygp.com

Don’t miss this opportunity to test ride Vectrix, the first state-of-the-art, zero-emission, high-performance, all-electric, two-wheel vehicle.*

Powerful and fast with a top speed of 62 mph.

Superior handling thanks to a low center of gravity, stiff frame and even distribution.

Range of 40-60 miles on a single charge, thanks to our unique regenerative-braking technology.**

Environmentally friendly with zero emissions, no need for oil or gas, and virtually silent operation..

Cost-efficient at less than 2¢ per mile to operate. The on-board batteries have an estimated lifespan of 10 years (based on 5,000 miles per year operation).

THE REVOLUTION IN PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION HAS BEGUN.
Take advantage of this special event. And be one of the first to ride the zero-emission Vectrix!

Find out more about the Vectrix ZEV at www.vectrix.com

*Riders must show a Class M motorcycle driver’s license to
test ride alone. Others will be given test rides with a licensed Vectrix rider.
**Range may vary based on riding conditions.

andrew
andrew's picture

The company has taken over 1,200 orders for the US market.

Amazing. I didn't think there was close to that kind of market for the price. That represents 13.2 million in sales.

---
Avatar taken from http://www.electricmotorbike.org/
Anyone got one they want to sell?
My KZ750 Project: here

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

borgbike
borgbike's picture

I kinda smell BS on that number. Is that perhaps how many people are on their "wait list?" Still, I'm stoked it's finally coming out.

JDELUNA

From what I read Vectrix compares its electric scooter to a 250cc-400cc Gas Scooter in terms of performance. They rate the Vectrix electric motor at 10KWatts. Now 10Kwatts is approx. 13.5hp and most 250cc gas scooters I have seen make about 18-22hp and 400cc gas scooter making even more. Now I have seen some 150cc scooters make about 10-13hp. Now they will probably say that the electric motor make more lowend torque, etc. but once up to speed does not HP come into play ?? I have an EMAX scooter and I have ridden some 49cc scooter and can say that my Emax feels a little more powerful than them, but only a little bit. I am not going out on a limb and say that it is equivalent to a 70cc scooter as I have seen some modified Yahmaha Zuma's with the 70cc kits go about 50-55mph and there is no way my Emax would do that, even though it would be nice !!! Please let me know what you all think. God Bless :)

andrew
andrew's picture

They rate their motor at 20 kw peak or 26.8 hp. I think if you go purely on 0-50 mph acceleration, than the performance is comparable to 250cc-400cc. Top speed is comparable to 150cc or lower.

You can't really compare an ICE vs. electric motor in terms of hp rating even if its a peak rating. The vectrix motor produces full torque at start, and there is no need to shift or use a clutch of any kind.

---

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]

JDELUNA

Ooops you are right it is 20Kwatts, if that is the case then yes it would be compareable to a 250cc-400cc gas scooter. The top speed is not bad, but to achieve the range they are quoting you have to be going 25mph is not really great. If they can get lithium batteries to fit in there that will get a range of about 60 miles at 60mph then it might be worth the price. Again just my opinion. God Bless :)

andrew
andrew's picture

If they can get lithium batteries to fit in there that will get a range of about 60 miles at 60mph

I agree. Not that NiMH is a bad technology, they just need a larger pack, otherwise, its mostly practical for up to 45 mph roads. Anything faster and the range will be cut down a lot. I'm expecting about 30 miles. We'll see.

---

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage