My ego won't charge

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Samuel
My ego won't charge

Hello people, i'm samuel from france, i ve already posted on the ancient version of the forum. I've got an ego and some trouble with charging, it has never happened before

When i plug the wire to charge my ego it always indicates that it's already charged, the light turns green directly and never orange and it's not charged at all since the indicator of charge when the ego is on has got few red barrels and i rided it for several miles .
The point is that i succedeed to charge it once i don't know how after this problem happened, then i rided for about 15 miles then nothin i couldnt charge it.

Where do you think the problem is? In the contactor or in the controller?

It's kinda hard here in France to repare this kindof machine because there is no retailer at about 600 miles from home and nobody uses it

Thanks for your answers
SAm

Skarrin
Re: My ego won't charge

Hello Samuel,

looks like either your wiring or the charger itself is defective.
Try disconnecting the batteries (in my Ego/Helio, there is a connector that you can simply unplug if you remove the deck) and then plug in the charger again.
If it acts the same as if the batteries were connected, it might be a problem with the wiring or maybe a fuse. When you are somewhat technically skilled, the next step would be to remove the whole cover and check all wires and fuses (if there are any) between charger and battery.
If the charger acts different with batteries disconnected, its probably the charger itself that has a problem.

Do you know the french EV forum at http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php ?
I'm sure there are other french Ego owners who might be able to help you further!

You should also recharge the batteries separately with an 12V automotive charger as soon as possible, as they suffer from being in a discharged state for longer periods of time. While doing this, measure the voltage and do not charge over ~14.4V, most cheap 12V chargers go much higher in voltage (which would also damage your battery).

Good luck and best regards,
Skarrin

Samuel

hi Skarrin, thanks for the answer, the fuses are ok ; i unplugged the batteries as you said and it reacted exactly the same : green light as if it's charged so i'll check the wires but it's quite a mess in here, so i dunno if im gonna find out sthin

I'll have a look at the french community, i didn't hear about it before

Have a nice day

Sam

Stleride
Stleride's picture

`Samuel,
Welcome to our V is for Voltage Community. Skarrin is correct Vehiculeselectriques.free.fr might be your best resource, but that doesn't mean we don't also want you to be a part of our V is for Voltage Community also.
Our EV DownLoad Library contains a copy of the eGO Owners Manual which you are more than welcome to download a copy if you need it.
Let us know what you find out about the problem, so we can add it to our eGO Collaborative Hand Books.

Stleride
Moderator Team Captain

Moderators are dedicated volunteer V Team members who help keep your V Forums running smoothly and provide Forum Support.

`

Stleride
Moderator Team Captain

Moderators are members of our very dedicated community volunteer <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/106-our-community-volunteers">V Team</a> who help keep our <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/251-poli

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage