XM-2000 battery charger

1 reply [Last post]
vinnie

For those who have been following, I have a mod project in the works. I need a 60v charger and the budget is almost exhausted. I asked this question earlier and a few chimed in but I thought I'd solicit more input.

The Xtreme website lists a 60v, 4A XM-2000 replacement charger for $99 delivered. For those who own XM-2000s, what are your experiences using this charger? Pros, cons, life expectancy...can I safely plug this thing, go to bed and forget about it till morning?

I would be plugging it into a 5xBB EB 50-12 battery pack, if that helps.

Thanks!
Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: XM-2000 battery charger

Hi Vinnie,

I've lost track on your final decision with regard to your project - care to remind us all?

I've had no problems with the charger. I regularly plug it in and forget about it until morning. Based on the stuff I've seen about even the best chargers sometimes overcharging then if I remember I do tend to switch it off once full charge is indicated - but that's just me being cautious.

I don't know how the chemistry of your BBs would match the Silicone batteries - you'd need to read up on the charging specs for both batteries. I suspect it might be a problem - so proceed with caution.

John H.
Blue XM-2000
Ann Arbor, MI

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas. No Worries." - JDH, CuMoCo || "Make Volts Not War" - anon.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Short URL

Build Your Own Electric Vehicle You need this book if you want to build your own EV
Customize This