New rear wheel assembly needed for panterra scooter

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
electricgreg
electricgreg's picture
New rear wheel assembly needed for panterra scooter

Hi,

I bought the Panterra 500W "powerboard" several years back, and the rear wheel bearing, or something, is loose. Every revolution of the wheel causes the attached sprocket to wobble slightly and the chain tension to loosen and slacken as the wheel goes around.

Panterra went out of business as I understand. I'd like to buy a replacement 9" wheel assembly, including rear disc and sprocket. Even better, if I could find a 9" or 10" wheel with a lower # of teeth sprocket for higher speed. Anyone know a source?

Greg

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture
Re: New rear wheel assembly needed for panterra scooter

Deafscooter is Here...

craig have rear wheel assemby w disc brake sprocket tire 9 inches or 10 inches will fit to your scooter frame
if you want modding like I done on other topic ..

craig uyeda
deafscooter

email deafscooter [at] yahoo.com

deafscooter

Stleride
Stleride's picture

` electricgreg,
Welcome to our V is for Voltage Community, we fixed your picture for you, hope you don't mind.
A copy is also now in your Personal Files

Stleride
Moderator Team Captain

Moderators are dedicated volunteer V Team members who help keep your V Forums running smoothly and provide Forum Support.

`

Stleride
Moderator Team Captain

Moderators are members of our very dedicated community volunteer <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/106-our-community-volunteers">V Team</a> who help keep our <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/251-poli

electricgreg
electricgreg's picture

I meant to say, the chain loosens and tightens alternately as the wheel goes around.

Buckeroo Bob
Buckeroo Bob's picture

What does the little sign in your picture say? "W.... Sprocket"? I that a tensioning sprocket? Does it seem to rotate freely without a wobble? A few more pictures closer up and a little more description would assist others in assisting you.

ott

I got the same one, anyways I think you'll find all you want for stock replacement here:
http://tncscooters.com/view.php?page=Parts
Now this Panterra I believe is a modified gas model, so the proper wheels will be in the 'gas scooter' section. In the electric section, $45 you can get a 1200w 48volt controller to play with ;)

Just to show you how cheap some chinese things are, today I replaced a flat on the same said scooter... and was blowing up the tire and the 'aluminum' rim blew apart. Freakin exploded! I'm using a front end from a kids bike maybe I'll stick with that. We need more manufacturers from the states.!

Stleride
Stleride's picture

`ott ,
Welcome to our V is for Voltage Community, glad you found us. With all the latest emphasis on China quality, this may be a good time for us to start compiling a list of manufactures. Any idea who manufactured the wheel?

Stleride
Moderator Team Captain

Moderators are dedicated volunteer V Team members who help keep your V Forums running smoothly and provide Forum Support.

`

Stleride
Moderator Team Captain

Moderators are members of our very dedicated community volunteer <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/106-our-community-volunteers">V Team</a> who help keep our <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/251-poli

Bess

ott,
Hope you weren't hurt. Who did you purchase the wheel from
TNC Scooters

stleride,
With all the latest emphasis on China quality, this may be a good time for us to start compiling a list of manufactures. Any idea who manufactured the wheel?

I think that's a very good idea, when and where will the list be posted?

Bess,

ott

From you guys- just kidding. They are the stock wheel.

But if someone orders 3 inners tubes you should do your bill like this:
-1 inner tube
-1 inner tube
-1 inner tube

Because someone mistaken the duty (to Canada) and charged me tax/duty on 9 innertubes- ended up costing $50! Apart from that screwup (and I don't blame you)- great service and fast shipping, highly recommended TNC scooters.

I'll be hitting you up for a new rim soon...

electricgreg
electricgreg's picture

I couldn't provide digital photos - I dropped my digital camera on the floor several months ago and it stopped working. Anyway, the original picture said "wobbly sprocket".

I took the whole rear wheel assembly off the scooter and unbolted the sprocket from the freewheel mechanism.

It's the freewheel mechanism that is shot. Its all sloppy and it makes the attached sprocket wobble too. I'll just have to buy a new freewheel mechanism.

Incidentally, how do these freewheel mechanisms usually attach to the hub? Are they threaded on?

Board Moderator
Board Moderator's picture

`ott,

great service and fast shipping, highly recommended TNC scooters.

Thanks we're add TNC scooters as "great service and fast shipping, highly recommended TNC scooters" to our list.

Cheers,
Board Moderator

Moderators are your dedicated volunteer V Team members who help keep your V Forums running smoothly and provide you with Forum Support.

Cheers,
Board Moderator

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage