Paypal

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oliver
Oliver's picture
Paypal

I was told there was a Paypal link somewhere for donations, how do we locate it?

Bernie
Bernie's picture
Re: Paypal

Donations to who, sounds like another Ken Trough scam if you ask me? Don't get me wrong, I have no problem making a substantial donation, just based on the money this site has saved me from not getting duped. I feel this time we should know exactly where our money is going, and see some type of checks and balances in place.
I think the Domain expires next month, since we've been here almost a year now, so that may be what the donations are for.

davew
davew's picture

I was told there was a Paypal link somewhere for donations, how do we locate it?

There is no paypal link yet. Coincidentally this was a recent topic of conversation among the moderators. The current decision is we don't need one yet. If we do we will post a full accounting of what the money will be used for in advance. (Okay this technically isn't policy, but I'll argue strenuously for it).

It costs less money than you might think to keep this forum running. On the other hand it takes more time and expertise than you might guess. In the mean time if you feel like doing something civic minded just send a big "thank you" to David Herron.

--
"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Oliver
Oliver's picture

I received a text message that there was a reply, but all I could find was this.
Donations

Submitted by davew on Mon, 11/20/2006 - 23:27.

At the very least you could post a paypal account to give those of us who want to a way to contribute.

Thanks for stepping up guys and reincarnating the forum. This is an amazing and valuable resource.
--
Full time ebiker
BionX and Wilderness Energy

And this:
Roll Call - Welcome back!

Submitted by Oliver on Wed, 12/13/2006 - 21:41.

Still trying to learn my way around here, but I like the site and the way it's progressing.
How do I make a donation, seems several people have had to dig into there own pockets to pull this together?

And we all remember this one:
Voltage Forum > forum news > donations requested - expansion coming

Posted by: KT Roughneck Apr 19 2006, 02:02 AM

We have a lot in the works here at the Voltage Forum!We recently tried some new types of ads and revenue builders. They caused the site to run a lot slower and were generally not well received. We have removed them at your request. We try to do all we can to insure that your forum experience is the best that it can be.As a result, we are back to relying upon your generous donations to cover our hosting costs.We currently have a $400+ hosting bill at our main data center in Toronto (our nightly backups contain over 650MB of compressed data), and another $300 we need to cover for the backup servers in Wisconsin, so PLEASE do what you can to help. We have been shouldering much of this financial burden since the site went online, but we would SURE appreciate some help with the load. Especially right now.So if you have gotten good value from this forum, do what you can to support it. We have added a donate button to the forum header to make it easy. We have also added more donation options.Click here to visit our donation page:http://visforvoltage.com/donate.html(donations made via paypal are received instantly and are greatly appreciated)or send me an email at:admin [at] visforvoltage.com to request our snail mail address. Checks sent to our snail mail address are also greatly appreciated, though we prefer you use the paypal method to donate if possible.We are working on a major expansion of our offerings and you will be seeing the fruits of those labors soon in the form of a new podcast, a blog, and a graphic PSP magazine all with full RSS support! We are also improving navigation and centralizing our site on the forum.Thanks for your assistance, and please do what you can to express your support for our efforts.