BIONX Console Battery Reading Reset Instructions
- Step 1) Fully charge the battery.
- Step 2) Disconnect the charger and let the battery cool down for 1 hour.
- Step 3) On the Console check the voltage using the diagnostics mode, code 3772.
- See "BIONX Console Display Programming".
- Step 4) A 36-Volt battery should display at least 41.0 volts, which indicates a fully charged battery.
- Step 5) With a fully charged battery press and hold the « mode » button for 20 seconds.
- Step 6) Check the gauge and verify it shows full.
BIONX Console Display Programming
- Step 1) Turn on the system ( « mode » button ).
- Step 2) Simultaneously press and hold the « chrono » and « mode » buttons for 2 seconds.
- Step 3) Enter the desired console code.
- To change a digit, use the « A+ » and « G- » buttons.
- To accept a digit and go to the next position, press the « mode » button.
- Step 4) Once you are done with your programming, simply press « mode » to go to the original display.
- Step 5) Save the changes by turning the system off.
BIONX Console Codes
|2001||KM or Miles (kph or mph)|
|2002||Generative breaking On or Off|
|2003||Time Left (Battery duration)|
|2006||Programming Brake Sensor (part of generative breaking)|
|2007||Throttle Polarity (0-5 volts or 5-0 volts)|
|3771||Wheel Size (diameter in millimeters?)|
|3773||Speed Limit On or Off|
|3775||Throttle Max Speed (default is actually off, surprisingly enough)|
|3776||Speed that Motor will Start (default is 3km)|
|5000||Full System Reset (highly suggest not doing this...doesn't restore the standard defaults, it actually disables just about everything or sets items to their lowest settings)|
|1976||Motor Direction (clockwise or counterclockwise, suggest that you don't change this or your tire will start reversing when the motor kicks in)|
|1234||Sensor Speed Signal (1 - slow and 5 - fast)|
|1970||Configuration activation backlight and DCDC automatic|
|0007||Sensor Signal gain, 0.1 to 4.0 (high means it is more sensitive to your input/more responsive)|
|0008||Configuration of extra assistance (1.0 to 4.0...increase this and the system will put out more assistance per peddle effort)|
|0041||Activation of the I2C (not sure what that means)|
These instructions are to be used as is at your own risk. The author implies no warrenty or responsibility for any damages.