Rio Rancho, NM
Conversion time and cost:
3 yrs on and off, >$4.5k
(2) Eteks horizontally opposed in parallel at 72v
(5) AGM 35ah 12v: EVP35-12
400A Curtis, 1100 Amp Logisystems upgrade
13T drive 72T driven #40 chain, Custom chain tensioner
65 mph, much faster capable with different gearing
Number of Wheels:
Miles as an EV:
Vector B&D 12v
Stock (planned HID upgrade)
Method for 12v system:
Vicor DC-DC Converter
Watt-hours per mile:
Unconventional aspects of this conversion:
● Horizontally opposed eteks wired in parallel
● Chain tensioner
● Batteries mounted horizontally opposed
● Clutch cable routed to switch that deactivates main SW200 contactor.
● Fiberglass support for batteries, attached to frame w/fiberglass molded around frame tubes
● Series/parallel switching of the batteries done with high-power Anderson connectors.
● All of the component are mounted by bolting to frame.