Conversion time and cost
2 days to get it moving, weeks after spent perfecting, $4000+
70+ Change of gears will increase this up to a potential of about 90
25+ Never ran 100%DOD
I converted a 1985 Honda VF700F into an InertiaV96/400A
I originally installed 8 Optima Yellowtops 55Ah, but the bike was too heavy, so I took two off. Now I contemplate changing the gear ratio for higher top speed, as torque goes way down at 60mph(<8ft lbs). I rely on this bike for most of my travels, on a daily basis. I plan to get rid of the ICE in my car now and convert it too. This was my first project of this kind and I am pleased with the turn out. For anyone thinking that this kind of project is impossible, reconsider. I had virtually no skills related, other than performing moderate auto repairs.
I did not plan in advance or draw much of a working blueprint, but everything just went together smoothly. My biggest mistake was not learning the mathematical formulas needed for calculating gears in advance and not getting the motor performance charts to predetermine what I would end up with. I wasted a lot of money because of my initial laziness, after the second sprocket, I said, that's it! I'm learning the math.
My next upgrade will be LiFePo4 for traction pack.